CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Oh, Craigslist...

Old 01-13-2013, 09:23 AM   #21
anerybree
Wait, is tessera a visible morph? Because if it's an amel het tessera, then it looks like an amel, but carries the tessera gene. An amel tessera is different.

It always makes me laugh when people have kittens for sale at like $20 each, and say "NO SNAKE FOOD!". Yeah, like anyone would pay 20 for a kitten to feed a snake. I currently have a sand boa for sale, a "bald phython" (it bothers me when people can't even spell the species of their animal right), an amel in a 20 gal with only aspen bedding (http://columbus.craigslist.org/pet/3509417753.html).

I've never bought a snake off of Craigslist, but my first 2 pet rats were from craigslist, and we've bought a lot of cages there!

Old 01-13-2013, 09:58 AM   #22
AliCat37
This one is frustrating
http://cosprings.craigslist.org/pet/3542506218.html

Has five corns in a 55 gallon, all different sizes and everything.

Old 01-13-2013, 10:01 AM   #23
MotleyMedusa7
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliCat37 View Post
This one is frustrating
http://cosprings.craigslist.org/pet/3542506218.html

Has five corns in a 55 gallon, all different sizes and everything.

at least he's willing to make a deal so they can stay together

Old 01-13-2013, 10:21 AM   #24
Jaded_Heart
Quote:
Originally Posted by anerybree View Post
Wait, is tessera a visible morph? Because if it's an amel het tessera, then it looks like an amel, but carries the tessera gene. An amel tessera is different.

But you see, the Tessera gene is Dominant, therefore it's impossible to be "Het" for it. You see it or you don't.

Old 01-13-2013, 10:43 AM   #26
chris68
C'mon Bob, he's priced it right

Caveat Emptor. I think CL looks to be a good place to buy a "pet" snake, but I'd be leery of using ANY (wellll maybe not ALL of them, I've seen neat stuff perusing the ol' list o' Craig too) as breeding projects. You just don't know

Old 01-13-2013, 02:01 PM   #27
anerybree
Okay, I see! Thanks, my bad.

Old 01-13-2013, 10:18 PM   #28
hypnoctopus
Oh man, this one is a good deal. Very tempting!

Old 01-14-2013, 11:18 AM   #29
Carpe Serpentis
The tessera gene is heterozygous dominant. Only one gene needs to be present in a heterozygous state for a phenotype of tessera to be expressed. A homozygous tessera would need to be proven by test breeding.

Old 01-14-2013, 01:00 PM   #30
Christen
I saw those ads and I sent the snow's owner a message just letting them know that I noticed that the snake was in the need for real care and that I wasn't going to judge but if they were willing to surrender the snake to me I would be happy to take it in and get the food and care he needs. I told them that they could keep everything else and sell that for money. There is no way I would keep an adult corn in a 10 gal anyway. I haven't heard back from them so we will see.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google