CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Food Bulge Post Shed

Old 03-26-2021, 09:29 AM   #11
adamant365
Just a quick update. I took my boy out for a bit of a handling session this morning. I really spent time feeling this widening in his mid section. From the sides, I almost can't tell a difference from the rest of his body. Maybe just a slight widening of his skeletal structure. When I feel it from his ventral side, it's very soft, almost as if it's just empty space. It definitely doesn't feel firm at all like an obstruction or poop, but I'm also no vet.

I'm going to keep an eye on it for the weekend. If there's no change I'll schedule a vet visit.

Old 03-26-2021, 09:48 AM   #12
adamant365
On a side note, his name is Popcorn. I came up with it initially as an idea and my daughter said that his colors really "pop" so the name stuck. My wife calls him Waldo because it's always "where's Waldo?" Since he hides mostly...

And he's very much warmed up to us. I do most of the holding while the kids let him climb over their hands and go "whoa...so cool!" For whatever reason, he's particularly fond of my watch. He always gives it at least a twice over.

Old 03-27-2021, 12:47 PM   #13
LyraFamily
How is Popcorn doing (what a great name!)? Did he ever get that bath?

Old 03-30-2021, 03:49 PM   #14
adamant365
I fed him Friday, no issues. He pooped three days later. I bathed him today in a Sterilite container with lid/air holes in bottled spring water at 85F, decreasing to 82F naturally after 15 minutes. He didn't like it lol. He kept looking through the container at me like "what have you done to me daddy??" :-) I gave him a decent sized rock to grab onto but he basically never stopped moving the whole time. Obviously that's half the point anyway.

He didn't poop then and there has been very little if any change to his bump. I emailed Don @ SMR and he thoroughly discounted the possibility of Crypto since in his massive collection and 50 years of experience, he's never had a case. I trust him 100%. Great guy. He suggested the wait and see approach and that the baths certainly won't hurt regardless. In the absence of any other symptoms of illness, I will continue the daily baths, except for around meals.

Old 03-30-2021, 06:33 PM   #15
LyraFamily
Thanks for the update!

Don is great! We have a couple of beauties we got from him, too, and he is always so helpful. I definitely trust him as well.

Old 03-30-2021, 06:43 PM   #16
Shiari
Based on your descriptions and the fact the snake is still eating, it is *extremely* unlikely to be crypto. Crypto swelling is often larger, more distinct, quite firm and the snake either won't eat or regurges.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google