CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

Elemental Exotic's possible 2015 corn pairings.

Old 05-30-2015, 03:21 PM   #81
Tavia
Little number 11, the one that didn't absorb it's yolk, is 3.3 grams. It's been named Pipsqueak and shed last night. It also ate a pinky head!! Took awhile but it did finally eat.

Here is Pip from this morning with a nice little lump in the belly.

Old 06-05-2015, 02:31 PM   #82
fyrefocks
I'm so glad Lars pointed me in the direction of this thread.

Hi! I produced Max and I'm so happy for you! Of course I'm sad that my holdback sibling is now probably not the super I was hoping to keep, but oh well. You got one and I produced it, so I'm still pretty stoked about that.

Congrats on Max and all his babies! And yes, he is/was (obviously was) 66% poss. het caramel. You proved him out, though.

YAY!

Old 06-05-2015, 03:06 PM   #83
hypnoctopus
Pipsqueak is so cute! He's all head!

Old 06-05-2015, 03:14 PM   #84
Tavia
Isn't Pip just cute?! It's eaten twice now and I took some not great outdoor pictures of Pip next to a nickel for size reference.

Old 06-05-2015, 03:49 PM   #85
Tavia
Just fed the last group from Tavia's clutch and they all ate! Now at 10 out of 12 eating.

Old 06-05-2015, 03:53 PM   #86
Tavia
Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrefocks View Post
I'm so glad Lars pointed me in the direction of this thread.

Hi! I produced Max and I'm so happy for you! Of course I'm sad that my holdback sibling is now probably not the super I was hoping to keep, but oh well. You got one and I produced it, so I'm still pretty stoked about that.

Congrats on Max and all his babies! And yes, he is/was (obviously was) 66% poss. het caramel. You proved him out, though.

YAY!
I'm very happy with Max, so thanks to you too!

Yeah, I'd known he was poss het Caramel but had been thinking he was 100% het Motley, not 66%, for some reason. Super jazzed at how that turned out though, since I'd have taken the Caramel het over the het Motley in a heartbeat if it had been up to me.

Old 06-05-2015, 04:14 PM   #87
fyrefocks
In case you don't already have the information, Max's parents were both tesseras ph amel, caramel, motley. They were produced by Don and we (Lars and I) got the parents, Lars the male and me the female, from John of Colorado Corns. Lars loaned me his male who didn't prove his amel prior to the loan. I only bred my female once before selling her, so I never confirmed her ph amel at all.

The pairing produced 6 babies. 3 were tessera, 2 of which (Max included) looked like run of the mill tesseras, and one that looked different. Don advised me to keep the different one as he felt it stood the best of being the super, if there was to be a super from these babies. Oops. I also got 2 motleys and a normal pattered, I think. Could have been the other way with that ratio of non tesseras. And the babies were all wild type or caramel in color.

I kept for myself a caramel tessera male that I now think is probably also a motley since it isn't a homo/super/whatever you call it. But next year I hope to find out.

Old 06-05-2015, 09:05 PM   #88
Tavia
Nate, I'd be interested to see pictures of Max's sibling you held back, if you have any?

Old 06-05-2015, 09:27 PM   #89
fyrefocks
I only kept this one for myself. I sold the normal and the rest of the clutch went to Lars. There were only 4 went to him. It was a small clutch.

http://www.iherp.com/Public/Animals/...nimalID=128515

The picture is old, but his pattern is still the same.

Old 06-17-2015, 11:33 PM   #90
Tavia
Pipsqueak, the little Caramel Tessera that failed to absorb the yolk, is now at 4.5 grams, up from 3.3 at hatching. Checked his gender today too and he is a male. Gives us 2.10 for the Tessera clutch.
Tavia's clutch ended up 9.3.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google