CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Photography Techniques and Equipment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Photography Techniques and Equipment This forum is for the discussion of technical details of how to take good pictures as well as discuss the equipment used in that pursuit.

Capturing Colors

Old 12-04-2012, 11:57 PM   #11
Rich Z
18 percent neutral gray background is your friend.

You can also use colored backgrounds that resolve to 18 percent gray when converted to grayscale. But know how the color of the background will affect the rendition of the coloring of your subject.

Old 12-05-2012, 03:19 AM   #12
SnakeAround
Nah I prefer sunny days but the snakelets are lovely!

Old 12-09-2012, 12:47 PM   #13
cornbreadandmilk

i have to hijack this for a moment where did you get this coral snow? looks like my salmon snows .

Old 12-09-2012, 03:42 PM   #14
dave partington
These 2 taken some with flash some without, and saved at original unaltered size. None of these pictures have been edited. Though a lot were deleted.
Salmon Snow male 1

Salmon Snow male 2

Old 12-09-2012, 05:09 PM   #15
kurasumi
I'm not very camera savvy--but what about photographing snakes against colors that are complimentary to their scales (ie putting a red snake on a green background, an orange snake on a blue background)? Would that make their colors look more vibrant, or would it dull them down? If you guys think it would help make colors stand out, then I'm snapping some pictures of my little butter motley against a purple backdrop whenever I can.

Old 01-23-2013, 04:19 PM   #16
Clepsydre
After reading your post i went and took pics of my snakes. I have to say the difference is amazing. Thank you!

Old 01-23-2013, 05:00 PM   #17
diamondlil
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurasumi View Post
I'm not very camera savvy--but what about photographing snakes against colors that are complimentary to their scales (ie putting a red snake on a green background, an orange snake on a blue background)? Would that make their colors look more vibrant, or would it dull them down? If you guys think it would help make colors stand out, then I'm snapping some pictures of my little butter motley against a purple backdrop whenever I can.
Ah, the infamous 'blue bowl' effect! Put a red or orange snake on a blue background or in a blue bowl and you'll love the contrast! I seem to have preferred using green to showcase my Love okeetee's colours

Old 05-22-2014, 11:04 AM   #18
chelzzer
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlil View Post
Ah, the infamous 'blue bowl' effect! Put a red or orange snake on a blue background or in a blue bowl and you'll love the contrast! I seem to have preferred using green to showcase my Love okeetee's colours
I have never heard of this. I'm going to have to try it with my Amel!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Old 05-26-2014, 01:49 PM   #19
KvanAalten
I guess it depends what lighting you have, if you have a studio set up with studio lighting a light snake on (pure) white can look great too, if you just know how to put your lights Sadly I don't have any light snakes myself lol.

These might be a good examples though:

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google