CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Photography Techniques and Equipment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Photography Techniques and Equipment This forum is for the discussion of technical details of how to take good pictures as well as discuss the equipment used in that pursuit.

How on earth do you...

Old 02-04-2011, 11:59 AM   #21
painthorse
That's amazing... I have that camera stuffed away...have used it the same way, to take in pocket or on trips when I don't want to carry a camera around. I just pulled it out, going to try it out. I am sure that I will now get great results just like yours...lol

Old 02-04-2011, 12:48 PM   #22
Nanci
I have it in Best Shots mode, actually a mode I saved myself, but I started with the "flower" Best Shots macro mode, and then I usually change it to multiple exposures, high speed. The kingsnake pic was the Z-750, which is also the camera Elle used to use a lot, before she got the "real" camera.

Old 02-04-2011, 12:59 PM   #23
Nanci
The best thing I can tell you is make sure you are getting a clear focus with the auto focus, and take 30-50 shots. If you look at this thread you can see I got a bunch of nice pics with nice focus. If I look at those on my iPhone, where I can zoom, I can even see his teeth, through his tongue hole.

Old 02-04-2011, 01:25 PM   #24
painthorse
I put it on the charger, haven't used the casio in a couple of years...have to learn it over again and try some macro stuff with it. Focus and a steady hand, I agree is most important.

Old 02-04-2011, 05:06 PM   #25
Nanci
That camera has anti-shake to steady the shot, but I can't remember if it works on Macro. Recall User Scene is the thing I was trying to think of the name of before. I _think_ my settings are Saturation +1, sharpness -1, (might change that), Quality normal, Macro focus, AF Area spot, AF Assist light on. Instant zoom 1.4. The only thing changed from the Flower Best Shot is the Anti-Shake is on. I might have to play with it and see if I can make it even better!!

Old 04-24-2011, 10:33 PM   #26
CentricMalteser
In my pics (click on the link in my signature)

I got a flat piece of cardboard that I used previously to brain a mouse

I held Bruge firmly in my hand above the cardboard so she could just about taste the cardboard, and had the camera on the table that the cardboard was,

I used continous focus (most cameras have this including basic ones),
I used macro setting (most cameras have this including basic ones)
I then raised the flash, and set the camera to shutter priority and set the shutter speed to 1/4000 sec (number may appear as 4000 with NO " after it)
I kept my finger half way down on the button so it focused, and left it like it, everytime I saw her tongue go, I pressed all the way down,

remember the flash takes few secs to recharge so take your time

I got 6 decent shots of each stage of the tongue being out and in, over a 15-20 minute period,

every few mins i did have to reset my hold with Bruge, cos she did occassionaly climb back up lol

here is a couple of shots

hope that info helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan803 View Post
Shoot a tongue flick? They are so common yet I can't get a good one to save my soul! It's frustrating! I've tried everything. If I get one it's blurry.

Old 04-25-2011, 11:51 AM   #27
Dorgrim
Quote:
Originally Posted by CentricMalteser View Post
In my pics (click on the link in my signature)

I got a flat piece of cardboard that I used previously to brain a mouse

I held Bruge firmly in my hand above the cardboard so she could just about taste the cardboard, and had the camera on the table that the cardboard was,

remember the flash takes few secs to recharge so take your time

I got 6 decent shots of each stage of the tongue being out and in, over a 15-20 minute period,

hah! the ol' smell-o-vision trick
thats clever, now im going to have to carry around a mouse-board when i take my snakes out for pics!
great idea

Old 04-25-2011, 11:54 AM   #28
CentricMalteser
yes indeed lmao, well these days serious photographers carry everything dont they, so once mouse board isnt going to make a difference PMSL

Old 08-22-2011, 01:45 AM   #29
lacroixel

I have only caught the tail end of them! grrrrrrr

Old 08-22-2011, 02:33 AM   #30
Kokopelli
Moving the hand in front of their faces tends to make them flick their tongue in interest... that's where you nab them...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google