CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Photography Techniques and Equipment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Photography Techniques and Equipment This forum is for the discussion of technical details of how to take good pictures as well as discuss the equipment used in that pursuit.

Resizing Images

Old 08-10-2011, 03:00 AM   #1
Warsco
Unhappy Resizing Images

How do you guys do it? i have great pics but cant meet the forums standards without destroying my photos. any help on what you guys use would be great

Old 08-10-2011, 04:55 AM   #2
Tatile
I guess it depends on how big the images are, but if it's such a hassle you could always crop out part of the image to make a thumbnail and then externally host them all, using the thumbnail as a link to the larger image (giving image dimensions under the thumbnail, for people with slow connecions).

Or maybe use GIMP?

Old 08-10-2011, 06:55 AM   #3
Nanci
I use Thumbs Plus to get them down to 800 x 600 pixels, <280KB. They still look decent. I stay right at the upper limit of file size, though. Thumbs Plus lets you save the image, after you resize it (which really cuts down the file size to begin with) at 99%, 98%, 97%- and shows you the new file size, so you can save the max allowable size. I also crop them down as much as possible before resizing.

Old 08-10-2011, 07:13 AM   #4
Ixchel
If you use Windows... Just go into MS Paint, open the file, find Stretch/Skew, and enter 50% in stretch to make it half size, etc. It's the simplest way.

Old 08-10-2011, 09:51 AM   #5
Tom Tuttle
I use windows image resizer powertoy. It's a free download from microsoft.

Old 08-10-2011, 10:48 AM   #6
toxiclight
I use Photoshop...not really something I'd recommend for just resizing photos, but since it's what I have available, it's what I use. Irfanview will resize photos. GIMP will crop/resize stuff. The photo editor through G+ also allows photo editing/resizing.

Old 08-10-2011, 03:19 PM   #7
kgmax1228
picresize.com

Old 08-10-2011, 03:41 PM   #8
Gator
Photoshop allows you to resize and do what you want. After you go MAC, you never go back.

Old 08-10-2011, 08:02 PM   #9
ZoologyGirl
If you use photobucket for image hosting you can also resize on that.

Old 08-12-2011, 11:03 PM   #10
Arpolis
I use Resizer.com. It is a very nice online aplication for resizing images.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google