CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Photography Techniques and Equipment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Photography Techniques and Equipment This forum is for the discussion of technical details of how to take good pictures as well as discuss the equipment used in that pursuit.

Resizing Images

Old 08-13-2011, 12:34 AM   #11
SquamishSerpents
Light Image Resizer is HANDS DOWN the very best image resizer. I'm a photographer so you bet your boots i use this thing every single day. you can select any number of photos anywhere on your computer, and right-click to open the program.

Old 08-14-2011, 08:46 PM   #12
ShenziSixaxis
I use PhotoScape for my image editing, including resizing and cropping.

Old 08-16-2011, 02:14 AM   #13
mvervest
I use IRFANVIEW (free download) and you can use it for batch conversion .
A lot of pictures resized in one time , renamed to your wish and saved on same or other location if you want . You can use it to cut the best part of your picture and make a new one from it . For a few pictures you can use resize / resample for more : the option of batch conversion .

Old 08-16-2011, 10:37 AM   #14
Amberjolly
I just open the picture to view it push print screen and then paist that on paint I do it this way because if you open it with paint its waayy to big to deal with so once you do that just get rid of everything that's not the picture and it will be almost the right size so when I do have to make it smaller its not compleatly destorted.
Everything I do I use paint lol its just the easy way for me

Old 08-16-2011, 04:36 PM   #15
ShenziSixaxis
With MS Paint, I resize by doing this:
CTRL + A
Image >> Resize/Skew
10% in both horizontal and verticle
click OK

But again, I use Photoscape.

Old 08-17-2011, 12:08 PM   #16
Amberjolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShenziSixaxis View Post
With MS Paint, I resize by doing this:
CTRL + A
Image >> Resize/Skew
10% in both horizontal and verticle
click OK

But again, I use Photoscape.
Well thankyou I just tried that and its muuuch better then how I was doing it lol

Old 05-31-2012, 02:53 AM   #17
chicago-plumbers
well, I am new in this forum. I don't know about this forum.
  Received Infraction
Old 05-31-2012, 06:34 AM   #18
Nanci
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgmax1228 View Post
picresize.com
As long as this thread got resurrected by a spammer!

I use picresize too if I'm away from my laptop.

I switched from PC to Mac last November, and lost my beloved ThumbsPlus. I started using Lightroom, though, for general editing and wow, do my photos look a billion times better than they did straight out of the camera...I mean, the detail that I was able to recover is amazing. The camera to computer to editing to resizing for forum use process is a bit more awkward, but the end result is worth it. Lightroom lest me process the current group of photos and then batch export them, resizing to preset parameters of pixel dimension and file size.

Old 06-01-2012, 12:20 AM   #19
PAIN
I use Irfan view LOVE IT

Old 06-01-2012, 02:33 AM   #20
cornsnakeforsale_com
There are 100 options out there really. Irfan view is nice for lots of stuff and it's free. I've got Easy Thumbnails for doing simple resizing without giving much thought. Just right click and say create thumbnail or whatever. I still for the life of me can't understand why the browser itself doesn't have a resizer in it, that would make life much easier for everyone.

I would steer clear of Photoshop, Gimp or Paint for something like that, it's just overkill. Of course, maybe you like to actually edit the photo some, that's a different story.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google