CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Photography Techniques and Equipment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Photography Techniques and Equipment This forum is for the discussion of technical details of how to take good pictures as well as discuss the equipment used in that pursuit.

New Canon T2i shots

Old 04-15-2012, 04:06 PM   #1
Jaded_Heart
New Canon T2i shots

Just got a new camera, so far I really love it, I have almost NO experience with DSLR cameras, but took a YouTube crash course and so far this is what I've been getting.

You folks who have been using DLSR cameras for a while, I would love constructive critiques and advice! Really wanna get good at this!!

Some shots with my reptiles

Nature

and at last weeks Harrisburg, PA Dog Show (this was indoor, NO flash allowed here)

Old 04-15-2012, 05:57 PM   #2
Walter Smith
Pretty cool shots, especially the dog pics. How about trying some shots of the snakes in full body. The only thing in focus on them is the heads. I don't own a DSLR but I'm REALLY contemplating on getting one.

I'm more of a Nikon person myself. I've been using a Nikon CoolPix 4500 / swivel body for years and get pretty nice shots, but those DSLR's are amazing as far as the clarity.

Hope you post some full body snake pics. I would love to see how they come out.

Walter
BOUT' CORNS !!

Old 04-15-2012, 07:16 PM   #3
Jaded_Heart
here's a few more overall focused snakes

and not the whole body, but the whole shot is in focus, vs. just a small area of the shot

Old 04-15-2012, 07:24 PM   #4
Walter Smith
Much better. Nice clarity !!

Walter
BOUT' CORNS !!

Old 04-15-2012, 07:44 PM   #5
repsolal
Very nice !
Love the DOF on the head shots
my wife has the XSi and loves it too

Old 04-16-2012, 07:26 AM   #6
Jaded_Heart
One thing I've been having issues with, my mother's dogs. they are boxers and frenchies. Well we want some running action in the backyard. and I know what setting stops the action, my issue is, the yard is on a hill, and they are usually running diagonally from wherever I am standing. SO I can't seem to keep them in focus to save my life! Anyone with knowledge about this PLEASE PLEASE advice would be greatly appreciated!! Auto-focus seems to get confused, and manual I get closer to "focused" but not nailing these shots. I just wanna find a setting that makes mostly the whole scene focused so I can pay attention to a good shot, rather than "wait it's focused on the grass a few millimeters behind the dog!" lol

Old 04-16-2012, 07:28 AM   #7
RobbiesCornField
Beautiful shots!

Old 04-16-2012, 08:55 PM   #8
Jaded_Heart
My first "NAILED IT" shot

Today I went to the Luray Rescue Zoo in Luray, VA

They have nothing except rescued and/or confiscated animals. They do not sell, buy, or trade animals.

This being said, they have some amazing animals here.

My "NAILED IT" shot, this one gave me goosies

Another shot, less "intense"

Other Reptiles

Old 04-16-2012, 09:06 PM   #9
Jaded_Heart
Luray Zoo Cont.

Onto some mammals and birds outside (Bars in the way for most of these pics, posed focusing challenge but manual focus seemed to help A LOT)

ANDEAN CONDOR!!!! OMFG!!!! WHO SEES THESE!??? EVER!!!!!

LOL Yes that's exactly what I said when I walked up to that guy!

Moving right along

and this guy was sleeping inside his den, so the Keeper graciously offered to bring him out for me. I wasn't sure what he intended to do, but turns out all he had to do was go towards the enclusure. AS SOON as he was within viewing distance, this guy was out, calling to him, chuffing, just carrying on like that was his Daddy. turns out, our keeper bottle fed this animal from a cub. Awwwwww

Old 04-18-2012, 02:46 PM   #10
MotleyMedusa7
those are some really nice pictures!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google