CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Photography Techniques and Equipment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Photography Techniques and Equipment This forum is for the discussion of technical details of how to take good pictures as well as discuss the equipment used in that pursuit.

New Canon T2i shots

Old 05-18-2012, 10:53 PM   #11
Mdtalley22
Is that you touching the tiger? Awesome, if so!

Old 05-19-2012, 10:01 AM   #12
Pruddock
Great shots! Nothing feels better than shooting a Canon ;-) Are you shooting in Manual? If not I would strongly suggest playing with it just because it's going to give you as much control over the different aspects of the shot as possible. Also, are you shooting in RAW or JPEG format?

Looks like you're getting the hang of that DSLR quick, keep it up!

Old 05-19-2012, 03:04 PM   #13
Jaded_Heart
Mdtalley, no I wish it was me but that was the head keeper, he came out because Star, the tiger, was in her sleepy place and I couldn't get a single picture of her. The second the keeper came over though, Star was up chuffing and carrying on like he was her "mommy" it was so breathtaking!

Old 05-19-2012, 03:06 PM   #14
Jaded_Heart
Pruddock. Yes I am shooting manual but have not used raw format because I don't have an imaging program that opens those

Old 05-19-2012, 03:10 PM   #15
HeavenHell
Nice photos. BTW - you can download Canon's Digital Photo Professional (DPP) which will allow you to read and adjust raw images. It should have been included with your camera.

Old 05-19-2012, 03:13 PM   #16
Pruddock
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenHell View Post
Nice photos. BTW - you can download Canon's Digital Photo Professional (DPP) which will allow you to read and adjust raw images. It should have been included with your camera.
Ditto. RAW is an absolute must as you dive further and further into the addictive hobby/profession that is photography.

Old 06-01-2012, 02:35 AM   #17
whoty
OK,I know Im late to the party. OP was asking how to stop action...shutter speed. For a shot of a dog running,you may want to use a shutter speed of maybe 1/500th or higher to totally freeze action. Gotta remember though,higher shutter speed = less light getting to the sensor. Also,shoot raw like others have mentioned. It gives you total control when processing your images. You should use AI Servo when tracking moving objects. Switch your focus mode to it,then focus and hold your focus button down while staying on the subject. It takes a lil practice,but becomes easy once you get the hang of it. Another thing,if you really want to get some awesome shots of your snakes,you should look into getting a speedlight. That way you have total control of flash and you can try some OCF=off camera flash. Good luck and happy shooting.

Old 05-11-2013, 07:29 PM   #18
Eiram
I done know anything about photography but coincidentally, I was just discussing going to that zoo. After seeing your pictures I'm definitely going to go Oh and they are beautiful pictures by the way, I'm so impressed by all yalls work

Old 05-11-2013, 07:30 PM   #19
Eiram
Don't* for some reason I'm pretty inept at typing on this tablet lol

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google