CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Photography Techniques and Equipment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Photography Techniques and Equipment This forum is for the discussion of technical details of how to take good pictures as well as discuss the equipment used in that pursuit.

The Goal...

Old 06-28-2012, 08:56 PM   #1
Jaded_Heart
Exclamation The Goal...

So "My" Canon Rebel t2i is no more. Mostly because it was only "Mine" because I was living with my Mother and she didn't know how to use it. But life went crazy and Long story short, we all had to move with the quickness, She went north to PA, and I went south to Suffolk, VA. Well the camera went... North.

SO I recently discovered that Canon has come out with a new... JOYGASM of a Rebel! The Canon Rebel t...4i Details Here: Canon EOS Rebel t4i 18.0 MP DSLR Camera Kit with 18-135mm Lens

OH MY GOD! This thing is like the EGG MCMUFFIN of CAMERAS! It's the FERRARI mixed with MUSTANG mixed with CHARGER topped with HUMMER of CAMERAS!

So now that I found this, I must have it! So this is my "Saving up for Heaven" Progression Thread! LOL!!

TOTAL COST - $1200

6-28-12: $200 down, $1,000 Remaining

Old 06-28-2012, 09:09 PM   #2
BooBoo18
Good luck saving up for the camera!!!! I have a Canon and really love it. I am saving for a micro lens for it then watchout!!!!!!!!! They are great cameras!

Old 06-30-2012, 10:57 PM   #3
Toddsnake
Canon Rebels are GREAT Cameras! Unfortunatly my Cornsnake Addiction is sooo great that I bought a $100 Nikon CoolPix S4100 and $1100 worth of Cornsnakes!

Good Luck with the new camera!

Todd

Old 07-15-2012, 04:03 AM   #4
Brionuhh
You may want to save up a little extra and get a macro lens. In case you want close pictures of your snakes.

Old 07-16-2012, 07:52 PM   #5
Jaded_Heart
any suggestions for a good "snakey" macro lense? Post Links if you can! :-D

Old 07-17-2012, 02:39 AM   #6
Brionuhh
I'm actually a Nikon user but I did some looking up for you. Here is a direct link for canon lens'. The only thing is, your cheapest is going to cost you another 300ish bucks. There also is a way to flip the lens your get with the kit to get super close photos, although I don't think you want that close with snakes. Google around for some DIY macro lens ideas.

Old 08-03-2012, 09:29 PM   #7
Joejr14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded_Heart View Post
So "My" Canon Rebel t2i is no more. Mostly because it was only "Mine" because I was living with my Mother and she didn't know how to use it. But life went crazy and Long story short, we all had to move with the quickness, She went north to PA, and I went south to Suffolk, VA. Well the camera went... North.

SO I recently discovered that Canon has come out with a new... JOYGASM of a Rebel! The Canon Rebel t...4i Details Here: Canon EOS Rebel t4i 18.0 MP DSLR Camera Kit with 18-135mm Lens

OH MY GOD! This thing is like the EGG MCMUFFIN of CAMERAS! It's the FERRARI mixed with MUSTANG mixed with CHARGER topped with HUMMER of CAMERAS!

So now that I found this, I must have it! So this is my "Saving up for Heaven" Progression Thread! LOL!!

TOTAL COST - $1200

6-28-12: $200 down, $1,000 Remaining
Do you want the 18-135 lens? Usually buying the body only is a much better deal depending on what you're looking for from the camera. That being said...

Why is the T4i so amazing? Why not buy a used T3i and save yourself some money? Or buy a used 60D?

Any specific macro lens isn't going to be cheap. Looks like the cheapest Canon Macro lens is going to run you $400 or so, and thats only for a 60mm.

You could go off brand and pick up a Sigma or Tamron for cheaper though.

Old 02-22-2013, 10:25 PM   #8
Jaded_Heart
FINALLYYYY

It happened! thank you tax season!

So I now have a sexy Canon EOS Rebel t4i, with the 18-135mm EF-S IS STM Lens

here are some "still getting a feel for it" sample shots

No Flash (Bombay)

Flash (D'leh)

No Flash (Evolet)

Flash (Panama)

No Flash - HDR mode

evening, No Flash (Zeppelin)

Little cousin being awesome

Flash, Far too close to a little dog at work!

Old 02-22-2013, 11:18 PM   #9
LMS68
Wow!

We have the Canon EOS Rebel XT that bought back in '06 at an amazing price back then (open box, it was a return, "ok we'll take off $100 here", then couldn't find the box, "Oh sorry about that, let's take a few more dollars off" ... it was silver, "Oh sorry again, let's take another $100 off". "We'll throw in a new card too". We ended up getting it $400 to $500 off the shelf price which was $1200 at that time). Anyhow, that camera has been used & abused! It's been out in the Canadian cold (-40C), in sandy environments, has been dropped (latest was right on the lens! Took a long while for it to sort itself back to autofocus). Parts are starting to fall off of it (battery latch mechanism when "gaboing" somewhere in the kitchen to name one piece)

Aaaaaah yes, love that thing but it's just about dead & needs to be replaced!

Old 02-23-2013, 06:03 PM   #10
TwinBlades
nice photos congratz on camera

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google