CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

New snake owner 😊

Old 01-03-2021, 05:47 PM   #1
Bullseyeandme
New snake owner 😊

Hi all,

I have recently welcomed this little beauty into our family

Old 01-03-2021, 05:48 PM   #2
Bullseyeandme
We (my 8 year old Son and me) are new snake owners and would love to hear any tips and tricks we may not know from all the google/YT research we have done ��

Old 01-03-2021, 08:46 PM   #3
Karl_Mcknight
if there is something specific you want to know about just ask. Otherwise, look at the main page here and scroll through the topics. There is a lot of good discussion and useful info posted here. The main things with being a new snake owner are: 1. Keep in mind snakes are escape artists. If the snake has the opportunity to get way, it will. Make sure you have a secure cage with a secure door and no holes anywhere. 2. Temperature. Temps must be kept right in order for your snake to be healthy and happy. Corn snakes are not tropical, so they don't need a high heat, but they should not be too cold either. One end of the cage should be heated in such a way that inside the Hide the temp is about 82 to 88 degrees. The other end of the cage is kept room temp and inside the Cool Hide the temp should be 70 to 75. 3. Do not handle your snake after feeding. This can cause the snake to regurgitate its meal and that is harmful to snakes. Most of us wait 2 or 3 days after feeding before we handle. Snakes can and will poop on you too. The safest time to handle is to wait until they poop their previous meal. LOL. Good luck

Old 01-03-2021, 08:58 PM   #4
MysticExotics
Congrats on your new snake!
What information do you need?

Old 01-03-2021, 10:06 PM   #5
hypnoctopus
He's cute! Welcome to the forum!

Old 01-04-2021, 01:26 AM   #6
SnakeCreations
Very cute!! Welcome to the forum!

-Tonya

Old 01-04-2021, 03:18 AM   #7
Bullseyeandme
Thank you for your message..... we have had an unfortunate pooing incident already as we handled it 48 hours after feeding (this was what we had researched). It happened to my 8 son who thought it was hilarious smh

Old 01-04-2021, 03:19 AM   #8
Bullseyeandme
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeCreations View Post
Very cute!! Welcome to the forum!

-Tonya
Thank you

Old 01-04-2021, 03:20 AM   #9
Bullseyeandme
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnoctopus View Post
He's cute! Welcome to the forum!
Thank you

Old 01-04-2021, 04:23 AM   #10
Bullseyeandme
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticExotics View Post
Congrats on your new snake!
What information do you need?

Hi, thank you for your message.
How often would you recommend handling him?

We have been handling him daily (only once in the evening and with warm hands and not for long so he doesn’t get cold)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google