CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Tank size and what is classified as a juvenile corn?

Old 06-20-2021, 10:04 PM   #1
AneryOwner2020
Tank size and what is classified as a juvenile corn?

Hi y'all,

I can't believe it's almost been a year since getting my corn snake. I believe he is already about 9 months old (bought him at an expo in late September, so give or take 3 weeks old when I bought him). What age would he be considered a juvenile? Also, I just measured him, and he's about 22 inches long, which is about as long as the diagonal length in his enclosure. I have him in a 10 gallon enclosure. I did research a while back that once the length of your corn matches or is more than the length of the tank diagonally, then it's time to upgrade. I just wanted to get y'all's thoughts and advice on this topic. I apologize in advance if this has already been answered or in an existing thread. Thank you?

Old 06-21-2021, 12:52 AM   #2
hypnoctopus
I'm not sure the exact cut off for what is considered a juvenile, but probably a year and under? One to two years would be subadult and then three and over would be an adult. I would probably move him to a larger enclosure by a year old, since a ten gallon is pretty small. The metric I've seen referenced most often is length plus width of the tank should be longer than your snake. Moving him to a larger enclosure earlier won't be a problem either, as long as he has lots of places to hide and ground cover.

Old 06-21-2021, 03:45 AM   #3
Shiari
The general usage of terms for corns that I have seen is neonate for the baby-babies, hatchling, then yearling, then juvenile, then adult.

Old 06-22-2021, 02:24 PM   #4
blacktip
I just moved my one year old into a 30x12x16 zoo med terrarium from a 10 gallon. He is definitely appreciating the extra space. And I love the front opening doors. They make things so much easier than having to reach in from the top.

Old 10-19-2021, 08:44 PM   #5
Brian bahrke
my Bella is 4 months old that juvenile up to a year correct?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google