CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

mouse vs. rat sizes.........

Old 10-24-2006, 01:20 PM   #1
gwb8568
mouse vs. rat sizes.........

sorry if this has been posted somewhere else and please just give me the link if that is the case. i searched allot of different combinations and still could not find anything..............but i was wondering where to find a comparison chart or something on the difference between mice and rats as in pinkies, fuzzies, hoppers, etc..........and if that is what they are even called in the rat category.
obviously i am having trouble with some non-feeders and fixing to place an online order but not too sure what would compare with what i currently have in the size category. thanks for any help given.

Old 10-24-2006, 01:56 PM   #2
zwyatt
I know I posted a picture quite awhile back, but I think it might have only been mice (I can't remember). It doesn't matter anyway, because I can't find it by doing a search.
IIRC, a couple of the online suppliers have pretty decent size comparisons/charts. You might try rodent pro and then either The Mouse Factory or American Rodent one or the other also has some comparison pics. Hope that helps. I just don't have time right now to get those pics myself, got to get back to work!

Old 10-24-2006, 01:57 PM   #3
dawnrenee2000
You can check out the www.rodentpro.com website. It has good visuals and descriptions of mice and rats in all the different sizes.

Old 10-24-2006, 02:30 PM   #4
mike17l
ill second the rodent pro website, they have weights of each item, so you can compare the weights they eat in mice to what is avalible in rats.

Old 10-24-2006, 02:51 PM   #5
gwb8568
thanks people........i had tried those before but all they showed was an animal next to a quarter. i new i had seen a chart or something that had a "side x side" comparison with pics so you could physically see the difference. i did find a few things and thought it might help out this thread anyway: sorry..........trying to make it come up automatically, but it will only do it as a link. if someone else knows how to post it as the actual document without linking.....please help.
p.s. i changed a few things but credit belongs to frozenfeeder.com

Old 10-24-2006, 03:10 PM   #6
pcar
here is the picture of what you just posted:

And, just for future reference Galen, all I did was take a screen shot (Ctrl Print Screen) then pasted into a photo editing program and croped out what I didnt' want and save as. then just attach like a normal picture.

Old 10-24-2006, 03:45 PM   #7
zwyatt
I guess I'm confused. I thought you were looking for photos that showed the size difference. Doesn't comparing them to quarters do that?
Have you seen these pics? The mice and rats are in separate pictures, but with these pictures, rodent pro's pictures and the chart of weights and lengths you should be able to put together a pretty good picture in your head of what the differences are.

Old 10-24-2006, 04:50 PM   #8
gwb8568
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcar
here is the picture of what you just posted:
thanks alot paul.........that is exactly what i thought i was doing but then again, i couldn't empty Bill Gates trash. i know nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwyatt
I guess I'm confused. I thought you were looking for photos that showed the size difference. Doesn't comparing them to quarters do that?
no, your not confused. the pic i had seen one time was like yours but they were laid out like: 1 mouse pinky, 1 rat pinky, 1 mouse fuzzy etc. all the way to the end. thanks for those pics you posted and yes, with this combination it will be easier for me and anyone else in the future to get an idea.

thanks again for everyones help.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google