CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Natural History/Field Observation
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Natural History/Field Observation Field observations of corn snakes, field collecting, or just general topics about the natural environment they are found in.

Herping in January

Old 01-06-2007, 06:38 PM   #1
SkyChimp
Herping in January

Didn't start out as a herp trip, just a walk in the park. Caught this guy basking on a pile of logs. This is the upside of global warming.

Eastern Fence Lizard (Sceloporous undulatus)

Old 01-06-2007, 07:29 PM   #2
Nanci
He's very cute!

My depressing list today from my 130 mile bike ride is: Live adult Three-Striped Musk Turtle. DOR gorgeous mid-sized Coral, unsquished. Dead Red Belly snake. Two dead undetermined turtle hatchlings- black with yellow stripe down back. may have just fried- were not squished. Dead, broken some sort of water turtle- four inch- slider?

Nice.

Old 01-06-2007, 07:54 PM   #3
SkyChimp
Here in Virginia it's unusual to see such things this time of year. But it's been so warm lately. We saw some painted turtles basking. And this lizard. It's pretty common for the turtles to be out on warm winter days winter, but the lizard was a little suprising, even though it was very warm - mid 70s.

Old 01-07-2007, 07:18 AM   #4
Nanci
I guess it's spring here. I heard frogs yesterday. And saw the first Redbud blooming. And I bet the dead turtle hatchlings were waking up from brumation, heading out for their first meal.

Nanci

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google