CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Natural History/Field Observation
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Natural History/Field Observation Field observations of corn snakes, field collecting, or just general topics about the natural environment they are found in.

Anyone catch corns in the fall?

Old 10-27-2003, 11:25 AM   #11
eddie
n.c

around thanksgiving time i will be in n.c will i have any look seeing anything?

Old 10-29-2003, 01:01 AM   #12
Mr.Elo
Quote:
Originally posted by mattsnake
you won't find any cornsnakes in california, but you might find some kingsnakes. good places to look: rocky hills, under boards, under rotting logs- all these spots are especially goog when they are near a water source like a pond or stream.
Are you sure on that? My mom called animal control because of a snake in our backyard. Turned out to be a regular corn this was in Rowland Heights.

Old 12-10-2003, 11:39 PM   #13
palmerdoom
Here in ILL. us flat landers find most of our snakes in Jun. and Jul. (me anyways). I go out an hour before dusk and have alot of success. We don't have corns, but I've found foxes,bulls,hognoses and even a couple of black rats.

Old 12-27-2003, 01:37 AM   #14
Osiris X
Yep, Over here in oklahoma *Yep over in the OKC* We mostly catch garters,bull *Biggest one we caught was a 5' adult*, and rat snakes *biggest one we caught was a about the same as the bull*. All the garters we caught were babies, we could never seem to find any adults. Anyway, theres 7 types of rattle snakes over here, and water moccasins *Spelling i dont care for*. Anyway, oklahoma has a pretty good choice of snakes, i haven seen any corns or anything. But in march *when winter is over* i plan on catching plenty of snakes. And since theres babies *Usually around july* it must be mating seasons, so hopefully i can catch some mating pairs.

Old 01-16-2004, 02:27 PM   #15
tyretosmom
If your planing on Looking for snakes in Cal. you might want to be a little careful. Watch out for those rattlers! I live on a milatary base that is a preserve and my back yard is a canyon/field type thing. I check out back before i let my son play out there because Kids have gotten bit from rattlers in our area. I have never seen a corn though. My husabnd hasn't either and he is always training out in isolated areas.

Old 01-19-2004, 06:14 PM   #16
CrazyCorn
Corns are not native to cali but could have escaped / been released.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google