CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Natural History/Field Observation
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Natural History/Field Observation Field observations of corn snakes, field collecting, or just general topics about the natural environment they are found in.

HUGE finds...

Old 06-21-2008, 03:34 PM   #51
tyflier
I understand entirely where you are all coming from. I agree with the spirit of the laws, but you're all right in that the practice makes it very difficult for people to "do the right thing". If I don't have a license...technically I shouldn't even move one off the road. But...it is what it is. The fish and Game Department is not always the sharpest tool in the shed. But even a dull ax will cut a tree quicker than no ax at all, so...you kinda gotta take the downside with the positives...

Old 06-21-2008, 05:22 PM   #52
Nanci
I can't believe they go to the trouble to put out a fake snake. That's like setting up a fake deer and seeing who takes shots at it, only shooting the deer, that is your obvious intent, unlike if you pull over to move a snake, you may or may not be collecting it.

They just passed a law here that it is illegal to feed pelicans, but went to great lengths to explain that that was aimed at organized, permanent pelican feedings (which alter natural behaviour) and not at a fisherman who throws a fish scrap at a pelican. So in this case, they aren't (or so they say) going to stick to the letter of the law.

Old 06-22-2008, 04:06 PM   #53
Epi_Les_Paul
Excellent find! Very healthy looking. Im jelous of you guys. Here in AZ all I run into are rattlers and Im not the type to deal with them, too risky!

Old 06-23-2008, 01:31 AM   #54
RavenSpirit360
Congratulations on the great find

Old 06-23-2008, 01:24 PM   #55
jennrosefx
I am so, so, so jealous right now. I have searched for these guys forever with no such luck. I got to hold one ONCE in a nature museum locally, but that's it. And of course, I can't buy them here. *pouts*

But they are amazing, my friend. So cute. Congrats!!!

Old 06-23-2008, 02:52 PM   #56
Nanci
Jenn- road trip!

Old 06-23-2008, 11:03 PM   #57
jennrosefx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
Jenn- road trip!

Yeah Chris... you don't mind us commin to visit... right?? LOL!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google