CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

Has anyone used Rodent Pro?

Old 12-21-2008, 01:52 PM   #21
sacrifice.theory
I just recently used RodentPro and their customer service was amazing. The package got here completely frozen with no poo and they even smelled fresh.
But! The only problem is they look kinda iffy when thawed, but Dexter has been growing like a weed since I switched from the pet store to RP.
To each their own, though.
I'm sure they've made plenty of mistakes, and if I ever got a bad order I'd definitely switch.

Old 12-21-2008, 07:58 PM   #22
Floof
Alright, I've come by this topic a couple of times, and I just have to give my input.

I usually order from The Mouse Factory, but decided to try RodentPro because they were on sale and I was ordering a lot more mice in anticipation of getting a couple new hatchlings for Christmas. We received my order of 100 lrg pinks and 100 fuzzies on Friday. It took them 2 weeks to process and ship my order.

When they arrived, they were packed into zipped bags (I'm used to vacuum packed from TMF, so this really irked me) and the baggies were unbelievably sticky. So, I went to work on repackaging them with a vacuum packer. While I was working on the large pinks, I couldn't help noticing that roughly half of them were stained with a couple little splotches of urine. When I got down to the bottom of the bag, there were so many snapped tails and feet it looked like the entire bag could have possibly been foot- and tail-less (I hadn't paid a lot of attention to limbs because even TMF had broken limbs, just not even remotely close to this). Even worse, there were 5 mice with their heads snapped clean off!

Luckily, the fuzzies weren't in such bad shape.. Just bad sanitation. There was loads of baby mouse poo and some frozen urine (though it wasn't so frozen by the time I was done--yuck!), almost as if they decided to skip a step and euthanize them in the bag!

All in all, I was pretty disappointed in RodentPro. Sure, we saved $30 by using them, but I'm not sure it's worth the poor quality. I'm probably just going back to TMF from here on out... Whatever I do, though, I'm not using RodentPro anymore.

Old 12-21-2008, 08:03 PM   #23
Nanci
As I learned myself, never cheat on The Mouse Factory!! Search for that term...

Old 12-22-2008, 12:43 AM   #24
JustineNYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom e View Post
Same thing here, exactly. I switched to The Mouse Factory though. I don't like that the mice from RP come with lots of stinky bedding and mouse poo. It brings ugly thoughts to my mind about how they are housed, likely throughout their lives. They may not be accurate images, but there they are nonetheless. Besides, I couldn't put those in my freezer with my food.

It's quite possible that TMF and BCR just do a better job of cleaning them before packing, but they don't stink!

Exactly! Pooing may be natural at death, but Ive been using TMF since 07 and I have NEVER gotten anything with a mouse dropping in it. The mice are clean and fat and frozen.

No complaints here, Ill stick with TMF.

Old 12-22-2008, 02:02 AM   #25
Calift
I just received my first TMF order a couple days ago and was VERY impressed with them! Edna is great, she answered all my questions and the order came professionally boxed. The rats, mice, fuzzies, hoppers, and pinkies were all beautifully (if you can refer to dead animals as that ) packaged and looked very healthy.

When in doubt, order from them! You will not be disappointed....it's worth it for your snakes!

Old 12-22-2008, 10:29 AM   #26
The_Thunderer
I've used RP since I first bought snakes almost 5 years ago and have had no issues with them. I am vacuum sealing all the "excess" that I buy to extend freezer-life.

All my snakes are growing like weeds... so no problems here!

As for the occassional "snapped off heads"... LOL. I just use them for my non-feeders or sporadic feeders.

Old 12-22-2008, 05:30 PM   #27
wax32
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom e View Post
Same thing here, exactly. I switched to The Mouse Factory though. I don't like that the mice from RP come with lots of stinky bedding and mouse poo. It brings ugly thoughts to my mind about how they are housed, likely throughout their lives. They may not be accurate images, but there they are nonetheless. Besides, I couldn't put those in my freezer with my food.

It's quite possible that TMF and BCR just do a better job of cleaning them before packing, but they don't stink!
My experience exactly! Seriously gross.

One extra plus for TMF, if you order before (I think) 3pm (their time) you can usually get your mice next day. Not wait a week like RP.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google