CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Natural History/Field Observation
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Natural History/Field Observation Field observations of corn snakes, field collecting, or just general topics about the natural environment they are found in.

Very UNUSUAL garter...

Old 09-03-2009, 08:16 PM   #81
dave partington
Sometimes the first response is an emotionally driven response; not a logically driven response.

Old 09-03-2009, 10:46 PM   #82
JoshnJJ
Did somebody accidently spilled the bleach?

Old 09-04-2009, 11:19 PM   #83
Allison
After much thought, many conversations, and loads of research, it is clear to me that I can not do anything more with this snake. In fact, I would not even be allowed to keep the offspring of the snake after 12 months of age. (among many other specific laws).
I admit it is a huge disappointment and seems like a "waste" of potential, but it was a great experience to observe and study such a unique being. I hope that in releasing him/her more fantastic mutations like this will develop in the population.
Thank you everyone for your help, interest, responses and most of all advice.
Allison

Old 09-05-2009, 08:15 PM   #84
Jynx
She's not going against the law at all here. All Thamnophis species in Arizona have a 4 count bag limit per year. As far as what you do with them, thats up to the collector... There's no law against that either. If that were the case, I wouldn't have had half of the stuff I've had.

I wish I could see the darn thing, but the pics aren't showing up! Allison, you'd be surprised to see how far north some of the checkereds can make it. I found some up by San Fran peaks one summer.

Has he/sh/it started eating for you? A word of the wise (if you go the fish route)... stay away from Goldfish and stick to Minnows. Or go buy him a trout and slice off itty bitty pieces for him. Good luck with him, and I hope to see it soon! If you need help, let me know. We're not that far away

Old 09-09-2009, 10:00 PM   #85
sinisterserpents1
I would love to see the pics--- They say they are deleted????

Old 09-09-2009, 10:27 PM   #86
Nanci
I hope that means the snake is in a "better place" now!

Old 09-09-2009, 11:47 PM   #87
dave partington
the law leaves open how "one defines words"
(as they pertain to one's own self)
that's why there's "loopholes".
I sincerely hope "a better place" isn't a hole in the ground.
;D

Old 09-13-2009, 09:20 AM   #88
Pruddock
Is there a place where you have some photos of the garter that are working?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google