CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Natural History/Field Observation
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Natural History/Field Observation Field observations of corn snakes, field collecting, or just general topics about the natural environment they are found in.

White Speckled Rattlesnakes!!!

Old 09-21-2010, 04:28 PM   #11
StrangeCargo
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertanimal View Post
LOL! How funny. I was just having a convo with Bill Love about this the other night, about how he went looking for them and didn't find any, and about how he posted a photo of one from the AZ Sonora Desert Museum in a field herping thread with lots of other pictures and was contacted and asked to take it down.

Well, I hope the Texan paid his out of state hunting permit!

I saw a bunch of Bill's AZ pics on Facebook- beautiful photography... yeah, they are susposed to be VERY difficult to find.

Yep, I'm sure my friends had their out-of-state hunting licenses... heck, it's not worth risking it in AZ... I set aside money for mine every year.

I heard a bunch of the California herpers are hitting the area hard for 'em. Heck, if I lived closer than an 18+ hour drive one way I'd be out there a bunch also....

Old 09-21-2010, 04:30 PM   #12
StrangeCargo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Smith View Post
HOLY !!!!

That is an AMAZING snake Graham.
Ya know, ever since I was a youngster I've always had a thing for Rattlers, but I've never had any for a long period of time. I mean I've came across a few in the wild and had one or two brought to me, but I never had a collection of them.

There are SOOOOOO many natural beautifuly marked/colored ones out there and now alot of them in recessive traits and after seeing these pics. it REALLY gives me and itch, but I still don't think I'll scratch it.

I'll just admire them in photos.
Truley a breath taking snake Graham, congrats !!

Walter
BOUT' CORNS !!

Thanks Walter- I lucked out and got a 2.1 reverse trio. I do love my corns and kings BUT all my field herping focusus on buzz worms. I have a fairly nice collection of rare/high-end rattlers and really enjoy them.

Thanks again for the nice comments!
Graham

Old 09-21-2010, 05:10 PM   #13
Chip
LOVE 'em! You work with any pigmies or odd lepitus?

Old 09-21-2010, 05:29 PM   #14
StrangeCargo
Quote:
Originally Posted by elrojo View Post
LOVE 'em! You work with any pigmies or odd lepitus?
I just traded off my Western pigmies but still have a STRIPED Dusky Pigmy. Part of the trade also consisted of a majority of my Lepidus & Klauberi collection. I still have three pairs of Klauberi left. Love 'em...

Old 09-21-2010, 05:45 PM   #15
Irish Eyes (Mrs.Z)
Those are the prettiest rattlesnakes I've ever seen. Congratulations!

Old 09-21-2010, 11:45 PM   #16
Jenstar
They are gorgeous. definitely one of my new favorite rattlesnakes.

Old 09-22-2010, 12:28 AM   #17
El Jefe
Graham...simply awesome!!! Have to add some of those to my wish list now!

Old 09-22-2010, 12:36 AM   #18
mike17l
Very nice Graham. Did those come from who I'm thinking of?

Old 09-22-2010, 12:46 AM   #19
wstphal
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeCargo View Post
Thanks Walter- I lucked out and got a 2.1 reverse trio. I do love my corns and kings BUT all my field herping focusus on buzz worms. I have a fairly nice collection of rare/high-end rattlers and really enjoy them.

Thanks again for the nice comments!
Graham
"Buzz worms"? LOL! Rare in the sense of morphs or rare in the sense of species that are hard to find in the wild? Nothing wrong either way, just that if you keep & breed ones that are wild type but are species or subspecies that are having a hard time surviving in their "natural" habitat because of humans, you are also serving a valuable function in giving the species a protected space to survive in so that maybe one day it can be reintroduced into the wild, and it would be so cool to be able to help a species or subspecies survive!

Anyway these are gorgeous. I love the look of all the pit viper species I have seen, but I don't trust myself not to get tempted to free handle, and that would not be good! So I will enjoy looking at them being cared for by people who can care for these hots while keeping themselves safe. I love your pictures of hots, please post them!

Old 09-22-2010, 10:05 AM   #20
StrangeCargo
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike17l View Post
Very nice Graham. Did those come from who I'm thinking of?
Yes, they came from our mutual friend. He and I have done a few deals so far... very nice guy. Thank you for the introduction.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google