CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Natural History/Field Observation
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Natural History/Field Observation Field observations of corn snakes, field collecting, or just general topics about the natural environment they are found in.

Wild Corns? HELP ME FIND THEM?

Old 11-30-2006, 10:21 AM   #11
onelifetolive45
Wow what would posess someone to kill an animal for no reaosn what so ever. Man htta makes me mad there is some choice language i would love to say to that person. That is unbelievable, I mean I hunt but we use every piece of the animal and thta is only a couple times a year. SNakes are different you cant use them if they are dead, that person had no right no right to do that. Here is what i think about her
(that is her)

Old 12-18-2006, 05:33 AM   #12
Droptines
Well,,its a fact of life,,people are afraid of things they are ignorant about,,and if they find it visually disturbing,,well it doesn't have a chance.
When I talk to some people,friends,and what not, it blows my mind how they think of animals and reptiles that scare them.They have no interest in learning about them,,just feel the need to eliminate then,,period.SAD,ignorant.
Any creature that shares your world is worth learning about.Learn to respect them,learn that you CAN live with them,,chances are they put a HELL of alot more into surviving than you do,,and deserve a small break......

Old 02-20-2007, 08:16 PM   #13
John Albrecht
Anne Arundel, Charles, Calvert & St Mary's Counties in Maryland are loaded with cornsnakes. Go get yourself one.!

Old 02-20-2007, 08:38 PM   #14
onelifetolive45
Ok thanks I will head out there in a couple months

Old 02-21-2007, 11:03 AM   #15
kathylove
Occasionally, when in the right mood, I like to take a little revenge on people who love to tell snake killing stories. I very sweetly tell them, "yes, I have noticed the same thing about dogs. The last one took me several time to run over it before it stopped barking and moving around. They are almost as resilient as snakes!" After enjoying a really horrified look, I say "Just joking - I know you probably were too! Nobody would kill an animal for no reason!"

They usually don't see the humor, but it is satisfying, and they usually don't bother to tell you the next time they torture a snake (or anything else!). But you have to be in the right mood, because sometimes they get mad if they are too dense to see they were doing exactly the same thing.

Old 02-21-2007, 11:20 AM   #16
Nanci
Kathy- I'm totally saying that next time.

I was at a girls' night out kind of thing Saturday. I was telling a coworker I don't see very often about my newer snakes. Another coworker, known snake killer, chimes in with this story of how she was walking down a dirt road with her daughter, and saw a rattlesnake, went home, got the truck and a shotgun, stood on the truck while she blasted it in half, watched both halves writhe around...Nice. Yet another bonding experience.

Nanci

Old 02-21-2007, 12:30 PM   #17
kathylove
People like that deserve to be shaken up a little now and then. Try to make them stop and think about what they are saying, although it seldom really makes them change. But at least it makes YOU feel better! And they MIGHT think about WHO they spout their foolishness to next time!

Old 02-21-2007, 02:01 PM   #18
tricksterpup
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathylove
People like that deserve to be shaken up a little now and then. Try to make them stop and think about what they are saying, although it seldom really makes them change. But at least it makes YOU feel better! And they MIGHT think about WHO they spout their foolishness to next time!
The sad part is that most people do not consider starving a snake or not taking care of it as animal cruelty. I was at a shop this past weekend where a Dr. Brought in a GTB and it was in horrible conditions. The poor snake had mouth rot, shredded skin on its body from a bad shed and you could see its ribs. It was horrible. If it was a dog that man would be up for animal cruelty.
I am going to start an actual thread in chit chat on that. But its the attitude in America today. Herps are just throw away animals even though they live longer than dogs or cats.

Old 02-21-2007, 06:13 PM   #19
Daeraelle
They are discriminated against for lack of fur. If snakes were fuzzy, people would love them. What better pet? Eats once a week, doesn't whine for attention or need to be let out three times a day, MUCH easier cleanup than a litterbox, and WAY less dependant. But alas, they have no fur. They are not to be cuddled or loved.

If not cuddled and loved... then what? BLINDING HATRED!!! CUT IT IN HALF WITH A SHOVEL!!!

I love people.

Old 02-21-2007, 06:30 PM   #20
onelifetolive45
Kathy...you are amazing

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google