CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Natural History/Field Observation
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Natural History/Field Observation Field observations of corn snakes, field collecting, or just general topics about the natural environment they are found in.

Where does my corn come from???

Old 01-26-2007, 09:08 AM   #21
diamondlil
Leopard geckos originally come from India, Pakistan and Afghanistan.
Personally I wouldn't recommend holding them at the same time, both can move really suddenly to bite, and either could injure the other

Old 01-26-2007, 09:31 AM   #22
kev1144
Yeah I agree I don't really see any benefit of holding together unless you either

A) want your snake to eventually have an expensive meal
B) have the world's first Corn Gecko

Old 01-26-2007, 09:33 AM   #23
maddy4moos
lol the corn gecko does sound funny but, i can see why etc etc, but they both have compleatly different diets... the gecko has crickets, and Salsas still on furries. (do corn snakes have teeth long enough to hurt/kill... i thought they where constricters...

Old 01-26-2007, 09:41 AM   #24
larryg
Even baby Corn snakes can eat fairly large Anoles (bigger than you'd probably think), so I'd be careful with the Gecko, as the Corn continues to grow. Corns eat Lizards in the wild, of course.

Old 01-26-2007, 11:51 AM   #25
maddy4moos
lol ok then i'll let them out at seperate times

Old 01-26-2007, 01:29 PM   #26
BeckyG
Wise choice. I'd hate to come on here one day to find a "Help My Snake Is Eating My Gecko" thread.

Old 01-26-2007, 01:49 PM   #27
maddy4moos
I'd hate to post that thread!

thanks for everyones advice!

Old 01-27-2007, 08:37 AM   #28
Ssthisto
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyG
Wise choice. I'd hate to come on here one day to find a "Help My Snake Is Eating My Gecko" thread.
Or a "Help, my leopard gecko has bitten my corn snake's head and now it looks funny" thread.

I have several female leos who are CONVINCED they can eat my three-foot-plus corn snake Jasper, and make biting motions at the glass when I'm holding him near their vivariums.

And if it got right down to it, I've got two males who could give Jasper a run for his money if they were lucky.

Old 01-27-2007, 12:58 PM   #29
maddy4moos
lol, sounds funny.

This peticular leopard gecko is really old, and doesn't move about alot... only if he really has to catch his food!

Salsa is fine anyway! im keeping him away from and lizards, geckos, anything thats alive from now on...

i say after he met a little jack russle dog today!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google