CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Natural History/Field Observation
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Natural History/Field Observation Field observations of corn snakes, field collecting, or just general topics about the natural environment they are found in.

2nd road cruise of the year...

Old 04-03-2007, 09:57 PM   #1
Cflaguy
2nd road cruise of the year...

Was an impromtu affair. Lisa hit me with it at about 6:30 this evening so I said sure. In our haste we forgot the flippin camera.
We had a deer, turkey, armadillo and countless Cardinals cross our path.
And two Florida Cottonmouths- at the same time.
I pulled up on a small one about 15." Lisa says hey there is a bigger snake up there. Sure enough, 50ft or so another Cottonmouth was crossing the road. As I was catching the little guy a truck pulls up on us. They asked what we were doing and I said there was another snake up ahead and I'd get it in a sec. The m@#$%^&*()*r drove right down there and ran her over. I drove down and she looked O.K. but I know there was internal damage. So I decided to go ahead and euthanized her.
On the way out we found a flattened snake on the road. I'll describe it and see if anybody concurs with my thoughts-
Blackish/bluish belly and body. Head was flat but color was still there. Dark, no white under the chin. 3ft.

Old 04-05-2007, 09:38 PM   #2
Cflaguy
Went out tonight...

Lisa has herpin fever now. It was a bit cool this evening but I humored her and we did see a Glass Lizard.

Old 04-06-2007, 05:49 PM   #3
ButtersCorns4life

Even after you told that person that there was a snake up ahead, the person still ran over it! What kind of person would do that! I mean if you don't like snakes don't kill em, stay away from em!

Butters

Old 04-06-2007, 05:57 PM   #4
Nanci
Welcome to Florida...

I love Glass Lizards! They make really cool pets, especially if you only want to see about an inch of your pet out in the open.

I'd have probably gotten myself killed if I saw someone run over a snake, because I'd have chased them down and- I don't know what, done something stupid. I hate people.

Nanci

Old 04-06-2007, 07:56 PM   #5
Cflaguy
Nanci I hear ya...

and BTW, it is the second time in my herpin life that has happened.

Wait till ya see my next thread. I'm really PO'ed at the city of Maitland.

Old 04-06-2007, 08:10 PM   #6
mbdorfer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cflaguy
On the way out we found a flattened snake on the road. I'll describe it and see if anybody concurs with my thoughts-
Blackish/bluish belly and body. Head was flat but color was still there. Dark, no white under the chin. 3ft.
Sounds like an Indigo, shame.

Old 04-06-2007, 08:35 PM   #7
Cflaguy
My guess...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbdorfer
Sounds like an Indigo, shame.
as well. Kept trying to make it into a Banded Water....but....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google