CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Natural History/Field Observation
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Natural History/Field Observation Field observations of corn snakes, field collecting, or just general topics about the natural environment they are found in.

Background Info on Amel Corns

Old 07-08-2003, 06:06 PM   #1
Jazz6279
Question Background Info on Amel Corns

Hi All,
I'm the proud owner of a lovely female Amelanistic Corn, approx 1.5yrs old and 34" in length called 'Beano'.
My question(s) is, where specifically in Florida or surrounding area's does this breed originate, i have read that the adult size of corns may vary quite a lot depending on where they come from? I am also somewhat confused with all the different categorys i.e. normal phase, morphs, carolina's, oketee's, miami phase etc.... I'm just trying to figure out what group/family and area my 'normal' colour amel belongs too, am rather confused to say the least!!?
Can anyone tell me about this type of snake, its origins and history and clear up all this confusion for me?
My apologies for my lack of knowledge on this subject. Luckily i am clued up on the important things like general care and health and so have a very happy and friendly corn.

Old 07-08-2003, 06:22 PM   #2
CAV
If you have access to a copy, Kathy Love has a good description of each morph and there origins. Also, Rich has a brief description of each morph on his SerpenCo site as well.

Here is a link:

http://www.serpenco.com/shop/custome...cat=250&page=1

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google