CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Natural History/Field Observation
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Natural History/Field Observation Field observations of corn snakes, field collecting, or just general topics about the natural environment they are found in.

I found this snake!

Old 08-12-2003, 09:48 PM   #1
michael lira
I

Old 08-12-2003, 11:15 PM   #2
snake-hunter
texas bull snake but i dont know if there is gophersnakes over there but that snake should get big!

Old 08-13-2003, 12:30 AM   #3
michael lira
m

Old 08-13-2003, 02:47 PM   #4
Horridus
This animal appears to be dead in this photo....

It is a Bullsnake (Pituophis sayi) or (Pituophis melanoleucus sayi) or (Pituophis catenifer sayi) depending on who you agree with regarding classification and appears to be a gravid female.

Tell me that I am mistaken and this snake was not killed, because I would bet money it has been "beaten" to death around the head/neck area and if this is in fact the case, why would we tell you how to trap more harmless and benificial snakes so they may meet the same end?

Horridus

Old 08-13-2003, 03:13 PM   #5
drizzt_19
Quote:
Originally posted by Horridus
This animal appears to be dead in this photo....

Tell me that I am mistaken and this snake was not killed, because I would bet money it has been "beaten" to death around the head/neck area and if this is in fact the case, why would we tell you how to trap more harmless and benificial snakes so they may meet the same end?
I agree, that snake does look like it has been smashed with something...Of course it was stated that "the snake WAS about five feet long and HAD a temper"...

The first photo looks like the snake was found outside around a building, in the second it looks as if it was killed and dragged inside for a photo...Please show us this snake is not dead...

Old 08-13-2003, 03:19 PM   #6
CAV
Check out his posts on the other thread. The poster states that he had to "put the snake down".

This snake is no more

I have lived in Texas for most of my life and I have never seen a snake big enough to threaten a puppy, especially our non-venomous species. Pretty sad.

Old 08-13-2003, 03:45 PM   #7
bmm
I replied to that disgusting thread (well it turned disgusting) and I will leave it at that in this one.

bmm

Old 08-13-2003, 06:52 PM   #8
snake-hunter
huh

i wondered why you could hardly see the snake in the pic.o and a bullsnake going after your dogs? cmon what kind of excuse is that?

Old 08-13-2003, 07:09 PM   #9
CornCrazy
I also replied to the other post...

I agree with bmm...I'm gonna leave it at that in this one!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google