CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Natural History/Field Observation
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Natural History/Field Observation Field observations of corn snakes, field collecting, or just general topics about the natural environment they are found in.

View Poll Results: What weekend is best ( pick one or two) for Herping Hocking Hills.
June 6,7 1 12.50%
June 13,14 3 37.50%
June 20,21 4 50.00%
June 27,28 1 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

OHIO HERPERS ( calling all)

Old 05-04-2009, 04:05 AM   #11
ForkedTung
How about a planned weekend trip at Hocking Hills, it looks like there is alot of crossover species right there...
Sometime in late May or early June sound good?
I would probably go down and camp for the weekend, I have all the gear, experience and a son whom is more than willing, that way people can camp or come and go while whomever wants to stay is still there...

A couple links:

2009 online field guide,( look at the species in the Hocking County area( it's the one about 4 counties due north of the southernmost point of Ohio) , It looks to me like Eastern Hognose, Blue and Black Racers,and Milks, Eastern Milks, Red bellies etc...plus alot more)
http://www.flipseekllc.com/wildohio2009reptiles.html

ODNR reptile link:
http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/Home/reso...4/Default.aspx

Old 05-04-2009, 09:08 AM   #12
uberalice
I might be interested depending on the date. Sounds like fun.

Old 05-04-2009, 08:00 PM   #13
airenlow
Sounds good. I don't have camping gear but I could definitely do a day trip.

Old 05-04-2009, 08:32 PM   #14
tstephe3
I'd be interested if the date was alright!

Old 05-04-2009, 10:01 PM   #15
Hallie
Hey Kyle, can I come too? I know I'm not from Ohio....but I'm close enough, and we don't have anything fun around here.

Old 05-04-2009, 10:17 PM   #16
ForkedTung
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallie View Post
Hey Kyle, can I come too? I know I'm not from Ohio....but I'm close enough, and we don't have anything fun around here.
But of course! Anyone is welcome, just no complaints about the Pencilveinya jokes lol...

Old 05-04-2009, 10:24 PM   #17
Pasodama
Going out, to Hocking Hills, sounds great.
Much depends on the date/s, etc.

If it works out, for me to go, I would not be one to camp out but, instead, would either rent a cabin, or get a room somewhere, or other. If that is not possible (due to bookings or ?) ... then, perhaps, a day trip (at the least end) could work out (again, depending).

BTW Hocking Hills is a rather extensive place. So, a location, within HH, would have to be selected (of course, other info/coordinating would be needed as well ).

Old 05-04-2009, 10:34 PM   #18
LBoz
Holy Christobers (says my son)...I LOVE HH. I've spent many many many hours cruising around Old Man's Cave. I'd love to hook up with you Ohio peeps. Do you have an exact date set?

Old 05-04-2009, 10:43 PM   #19
Pasodama
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBoz View Post
Do you have an exact date set?
It's only in the talking stages (and seeing what interest there may be) right now. Kyle, is wondering if late May, or early June, would work. However, nothing said, or set, yet.

Old 05-05-2009, 08:24 AM   #20
LBoz
Thanks, Deb...I guess I missed that in the earlier posts. My dad lives in North Olmsted, and I plan on visiting him right after the kids get out of school, but that's actually AFTER the first week in June, so I might miss it....I'll keep checking here for actual dates, though.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google