CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Natural History/Field Observation
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Natural History/Field Observation Field observations of corn snakes, field collecting, or just general topics about the natural environment they are found in.

Caught today in Jax Fl

Old 07-16-2009, 01:34 AM   #21
Camby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corny Noob View Post
Well honestly I don't know about the snake and whether or not these are natural habitats or it's a released pet.
My qualm is just with the fact that the snake is being peddled I suppose.
Not being a jerk here, I understand your qualm, but isn't that a bit hypocritical? If the snakes you have pictured on your site are yours, then you have a few corn morphs. I think I saw a motley and an anery. Those traits originated in the wild, so what makes them any different than this snake? All the traits/morphs we see originated from wild animals in one way or another right? It may have been produced in captivity, but at one time that trait was in a wild animal that was captured and bred. Make sense?

BUt for the record, the colors look like a rat, I am betting it is either a true wc yellow rat or an escaped pet.

dc

Old 07-16-2009, 01:47 AM   #22
Rich Z
Just for the record, this guy contacted me about this snake and emailed me the photos. I said I thought it was some sort of rat snake, but not a corn. Wild caught amelanistics do turn up on occasion, so I suggested that he post this here and maybe find someone who may be interested in this animal. The guy is not really a snake guy. This sort of animal may be valuable to someone, so I would hate to see what could possibly be a true wild caught albino just get tossed back into the woods to become owl bait.

Old 07-16-2009, 02:04 AM   #23
1TimeMoM
rich z... good choice.. Im somewhat interested in him.. the only thing that bothers me about the snake is does he have any diseases im sure he has parasites how is that treated.. he looks to me to be bout a yr old by the size.. I may be wrong bout that. how does he handle.. if he is wild will i get something that will take a finger off for the first 3 mnths of me having him.. which is pretty much a question when u get a snake that was captive hatched.. these are all things that I am questioning.. how diffrent are rat snakes from corn snakes?

Old 07-16-2009, 02:13 AM   #24
Franklin!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camby View Post
Not being a jerk here, I understand your qualm, but isn't that a bit hypocritical? If the snakes you have pictured on your site are yours, then you have a few corn morphs. I think I saw a motley and an anery. Those traits originated in the wild, so what makes them any different than this snake? All the traits/morphs we see originated from wild animals in one way or another right? It may have been produced in captivity, but at one time that trait was in a wild animal that was captured and bred. Make sense?

BUt for the record, the colors look like a rat, I am betting it is either a true wc yellow rat or an escaped pet.

dc

IMO there is a huge difference between breeding a humble pair(s) of WC's so we can introduce them to the pet trade then raping the ecosystem and only selling WC then CH or CB so i dont think its too hypocritical.

great looking snake! i would take if off your hands for ya

Old 07-16-2009, 02:28 AM   #25
Iguanagirl8662
It is very cute, I would love to take it in but I don't live in Florida. Good luck finding it a home.

Old 07-16-2009, 09:20 AM   #26
RobbiesCornField
I WANT IT. To me, it looks like it could be an albino yellow rat, but given the size, I think most YR's have already begun to get their stripes by then.

Would you be able to meet at a halfway point? It would be an hour and a half drive for me one way.

Old 07-16-2009, 10:41 AM   #27
Nanci
Go get it Robbie!!!

Old 07-16-2009, 12:20 PM   #28
RobbiesCornField
I'm going to pick him up tomorrow.

Old 07-16-2009, 12:25 PM   #29
CaptBogart
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbiesCornField View Post
I'm going to pick him up tomorrow.
Cool, we'll need pics ASAP...

Old 07-16-2009, 12:26 PM   #30
RobbiesCornField
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptBogart View Post
Cool, we'll need pics ASAP...
DUH!!!!
From what he says, he's a mean little bugger, too.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google