CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Natural History/Field Observation
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Natural History/Field Observation Field observations of corn snakes, field collecting, or just general topics about the natural environment they are found in.

Caught today in Jax Fl

Old 07-16-2009, 08:08 PM   #41
Camby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael823 View Post
Good luck Robbie! Is anyone speculating on what it is yet, or are we waiting for Robbie to return for a better I.D? That would be great if it was a true wild Albino something, and not a released pet, especially if it is an Albino of a species that has yet to be bred in captivity before.
Either way, nice find. There's really no likely chance he would've survived in the wild, and it will be interesting to see the story develop.
Looks exactly like friends albino yellow rat. Maybe it is an escapee?

dc

Old 07-16-2009, 08:52 PM   #42
RobbiesCornField
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camby View Post
Looks exactly like friends albino yellow rat. Maybe it is an escapee?

dc
That's my current thoughts on it. It's not exactly a hatchling, so it would have to be a pretty darn good hider to make it to this size. We'll just have to see how it likes being handled and how many scars it has.

Old 07-16-2009, 09:19 PM   #43
tom e
Congrats Robbie! Good save, and sweet pick up!

Old 07-17-2009, 02:19 PM   #44
RobbiesCornField
S/he's currently sitting in a viv, trying to figure out a way out.

Definitely a couple of scars, including what appears to be a rather recent injury (probably from the bush they pulled him/her out of).
I'm pretty darn sure it's an albino yellow rat, and I'm almost sure it was really wild and not an escapee. Currently uploading and editing pictures to be posted in their own thread.

Old 07-17-2009, 06:07 PM   #46
Rich Z
I'm glad this worked out OK for everyone. I thought someone might be interested in it, and hated the thought that the guy might just release it to become owl food.

Old 07-17-2009, 06:17 PM   #47
Nanci
Cool snake Robbie! Any guess as to the sex? Do you have an Aileen yet?? Can't wait to see it in person! But you need to take more whole snake pics.

Old 07-17-2009, 08:00 PM   #48
RobbiesCornField
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
I'm glad this worked out OK for everyone. I thought someone might be interested in it, and hated the thought that the guy might just release it to become owl food.
You should have known someone would be interested. LOL. Especially me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
Cool snake Robbie! Any guess as to the sex? Do you have an Aileen yet?? Can't wait to see it in person! But you need to take more whole snake pics.
I THINK it might be female, but I'm gonna have to get him/her sexed to be sure. I'll try to get some more full body shots after s/he gets more settled in, and is less flighty. And find my blue bowl.

Old 07-17-2009, 10:52 PM   #49
Camby
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbiesCornField View Post
S/he's currently sitting in a viv, trying to figure out a way out.

Definitely a couple of scars, including what appears to be a rather recent injury (probably from the bush they pulled him/her out of).
I'm pretty darn sure it's an albino yellow rat, and I'm almost sure it was really wild and not an escapee. Currently uploading and editing pictures to be posted in their own thread.

Not disagreeing with you, just curious why you are sure it is a wild snake rather than escapee?

dc

Old 07-18-2009, 07:37 AM   #50
RobbiesCornField
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camby View Post
Not disagreeing with you, just curious why you are sure it is a wild snake rather than escapee?

dc
The amount of scarring, plus it's more wild attitude. I have another w/c yellow rat that behaves very similarly. I know that's not a way to know for sure, and we will never know for sure, but that's just my guess.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google