CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

On the subject of supposedly blue corns...

Old 02-04-2004, 05:12 PM   #11
Alicia
Joe,

I do hope you can find out some info on these. I don't think I'm being closed minded in expecting something that is advertised as Blue to be Blue

Personally, I would love to have a blue corn. Blue is one of my favorite colors.

I think if your going to bring something to market you should have all your facts and theories lined up. Just my thoughts

Old 02-04-2004, 05:36 PM   #12
Jeff Lewis
Let me Explain

I was just informed of this thread, and thought it best to register and explain these snakes..
I purchased this pair from Louise Stevens @ Bayou Reptiles.. Yes, the are the same ones that were in Tinley Park.. They were at that show.. Louise explained to me a little about these.
First off, Bayou Reptiles have an adult pair, maybe trio of these snakes.. WHEN I SAID THEY WERE GENETIC DARRIN,,i meant when bred together, all babies come out looking like the parents.. THE PICTURE IS CRAPPY, I KNOW. WE ARE WORKING ON FIXING THAT AS WE SPEAK!!!
From what Louise has told me, they have bred this color into a Ghost, Pastel, Anery and i believe one other, and have not come up with anything.. The colors on these guys are definately a bluish color.. Nowhere in my ad did i say they were a Sky Blue, or Royal Blue, did I??
Once again, Louise informed me that she had shown these snakes to Kathy Love, and Kathy proceeded to advise her on what other color morphs to try and breed it to.. Everything she suggested, they had already tried..
I did not say THAT I HAD PERSONALLY TALKED WITH KATHY.. Louise even told me that Kathy had taken pictures of them..
As i said, I AM GOING SOLELY ON THE INFO GIVEN TO ME BY THE BREEDER. I have had one member on here email me, and i gave him Louise's email addy to talk with her himself..
I am under the impression he will post his findings on here after he talks with Louise..
What bothers me most about this thread is we are a business with a solid reputation.. Why in the hell would we try to sell an imitation morph?? I was 100%%%% honest in my ad about what the breeder had told me.. I have done several shows with them, and I have ABSOLUTELY no reason to doubt what they are saying..
As far as ChaosKat's comment, please read the thread on the BOI entitled Golden Serpent 2000 Inquiry..
She had absolutely no proof to back up her allegations, furthermore, she stated she had these snakes for 9-10 MONTHS before anything happened to them... HUH???
She complained that the snakes were screwed up, with cyst's on them, yet she has no proof to back up that she even got snakes that looked as bad as she said..
She stated she emailed us about it, NO PROOF..

I thought that with all the crooks and con-artist's that are in this business today, someone's good reputation would stand on its own, but I guess not..
I would have really appreciated if someone other than ONE person would have emailed me to ask about them.. Then maybe we could have cleared this up..
I guess thats just a LITTLE to much to ask from some people..

Old 02-04-2004, 05:47 PM   #13
CAV
Quote:
As far as ChaosKat's comment, please read the thread on the BOI entitled Golden Serpent 2000 Inquiry. She had absolutely no proof to back up her allegations, furthermore, she stated she had these snakes for 9-10 MONTHS before anything happened to them.
Please keep the BOI discussions on the BOI.

Old 02-04-2004, 06:00 PM   #14
Clint Boyer
This snake is the result of breeding a Lavender het amel, anery A and possibly anery B to it sibling Lavender het amel, anery A and possibly anery B.
It is homo Lav and what else I don't know. I'll tell you what though, I'll be danged if I can get the colors to show up in pics. Would I call it Blue.....maybe!

As far as the name goes.....I don't think they have to be a certain shade to have a color used as a name. All Lavenders are not Lavender, all Butters are not the color of Butter. In my "OPINION" If it is reproducable, give it a name (who cares what, Bloodreds aren't all red). I see no problem or deciet in the ad.

P.S.
This gun is BLUED!

Blue is on topic....right?

Old 02-04-2004, 06:30 PM   #15
Alicia
I will agree that the ad didn't say what shade of blue. I guess I'm just being simplistic in expecting something blue . Maybe some new pics will shed a new light on this.

Clint, that is a cool looking baby. I wish I could say it looked blue on my monitor. I know that some colors are hard to capture. I truly hope a blue corn is in the near future. I'm just a skeptic at heart and will take a wait and see attitude

Nice blue Colt

Old 02-04-2004, 06:36 PM   #16
Jeff Lewis
hope these pics are better

Here are some pics i just took.. I hope they are better.. The pics are of a pastel next to one of the blues.. Just like a Blue Doberman, it is more of a grayish-blue..
I dont know if a Lavender was involved.. I thought I had asked Louise about that, maybe i didnt..

Old 02-04-2004, 06:37 PM   #17
Jeff Lewis
and another

Old 02-04-2004, 06:41 PM   #18
Jeff Lewis
and the last one..
BY THE WAY, WE DIDNT NAME THEM BLUE CORNS, THE BREEDER DID..
I know they were selling these in Daytona this past year like hotcakes, so they must be a little something..

Old 02-04-2004, 06:55 PM   #19
Alicia
Jeff,

I was just curious if you have any pics of the adults? Or if your able to get them. Hatchlings change so much as they grow up.

Old 02-04-2004, 07:44 PM   #20
Jeff Lewis
more pics/parent

I just recieved these pics from Louise at Bayou Reptile.. One adult was in blue, so they took pics of the other adult, and two of their babies.. They take better pics than i do..

THIS IS THE ADULT

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google