CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Traveling questions

Old 02-04-2014, 02:19 PM   #1
Kitten0Face
Question Traveling questions

Hello everyone,

I have decided that I am ready to get back on the wagon and purchase another snake. The last time I got one I got it at a reptile show an hour or so from my house. However it was spring/ summer then, so I didn't worry about it being too cold.

I'd like to go to the same show this weekend to try and pick out a new buddy, but wasn't sure if there were any tips or must haves for traveling about an hour home with one in the winter.

Old 02-05-2014, 03:20 AM   #2
smigon
Unless you are traveling on a horse and buggy, I think everything will be fine as long as you have the heat on in the car. Not overly hot, but I would bring a bag and some dish towels and wrap the towels under and around the container (careful not to cover the airholes) and put in all in the bag, you should be fine. An hour is nothing, so safe travels!

Old 02-07-2014, 06:47 PM   #3
TyeW
Definitely nothing to worry about if your car is warm. Snakes arrive alive and healthy year-round here with overnight shipping (even in these harsh Canadian winters).

Old 02-07-2014, 08:54 PM   #4
AliCat37
I just bring a cooler with me and pop the deli cups or bags in the cooler

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
care, cold, husbandry, travel