CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Shedding Question

Old 09-26-2002, 02:21 AM   #1
LeaWildcat
Question Shedding Question

Has anyone ever have their snake not show any signs before a shed? Our female corn had a perfect shed almost a month ago and we were expecting another one and watching her closely so we could increase the humidity and nothing. She never got the opaque or blue eyes like the first shed. Just went in there tonight to let her ride around in my pocket (her favorite thing) and there was a partial shed. We have been soaking her and then letting her go thru the repti bark (she didn't like the towels much) trying to help the shed along. She has her beautiful brown eyes but we haven't found the eyecaps yet and she acts like she's not seeing very well any other suggestions? As long as I handle her she is fine; she bit both my boyfriend and daughter after they picked her up to put her in the bath and they handle her only a little bit less than me.

Old 09-26-2002, 03:41 PM   #2
Animal_gal
Well....

I don't have a corn (I'm not allowed, so don't think its my fault), but I say help and peel the skin off little by little, as long as it doesn't look like its hurting her. I would be a bigger help if I knew a little more about corns, but I don't. I'm still studying. I'll try to find out more.

Old 09-28-2002, 10:08 PM   #3
Susan
I've found that a difficult or partial shed can be helped by putting the snake in a small container loosely, but completely, filled with wet newspaper for a 24 hour period. Trying to pick the dead skin off yourself isn't as easy as it sounds and may cause more harm than good.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google