CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

a corn snake thats not eating

Old 12-13-2002, 04:22 AM   #1
Wa$ted
a corn snake thats not eating

a 1 year corn wasnt being fed for 3 weeks cause i was away and i asked my friend to feed it and he didnt,,i dont know why,,anyway

4th week i got it mice and it didnt eat

usually it eats live mice only but now its not eating anything what can i do to make eat.
i called the petshop they told me to cut the mouse into pieces or something. i thought that was crazy. so please help

Old 12-13-2002, 07:26 AM   #2
Rachel
Check your temps. They might have dropped while your friend was 'looking after' him. This could cause him to stop eating.
If he is just being fussy, then you could try cutting the mouse in half (the pet shop was right), braining the mouse, leaving mouse with snake overnight...no disturbances etc. There are a million and one reasons as to why your snake has stopped eating but if he seems ok...not off colour so to speak , then it should be OK and he might just start eating again as quickly as he stopped. Hope this helps, I know how frustrating it is to have a non-eater!

Old 12-13-2002, 07:28 AM   #3
Wa$ted
thanks ill try my best and

ill keep you posted

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google