CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

frozen mice

Old 05-28-2003, 07:34 PM   #1
kevo26
frozen mice

how long should u wait if you u freeze your own mice to feed them to your snakes? because i have ran out of mice and was going to freeze my own pet mice to feed to my snakes

Old 05-28-2003, 11:12 PM   #2
KristyS
oo.....ur pet mouse??

I dont post at all really but is this mouse ur freezing actually your pet? poor mousey.. lol i know this is all part of a cycle but just the fact that it was a pet seems disturbing even if it is a little wee old mouse

Old 05-28-2003, 11:22 PM   #3
bmm
I highly doubt he is talking about a pet mouse, hardly anyone keeps them as pets here although there are some. My roomate has two.

Anyways I THINK what you mean is how long after putting them in the freezer can you thaw them and feed them?

If you don't want to just feed fresh killed (they can become picky about it sometimes) then freeze them a couple hours and thaw them. That should do it.

bmm

Old 05-29-2003, 06:36 PM   #4
kevo26
well i rather feed my snakes anhow it ''was'' my pet mouse but my snake was hungry and as a friend the mouse gave the snake is life so it could live

Old 05-29-2003, 07:18 PM   #5
13mur 6
Hey! I keep pet mice. I have 4 of them actually, 2 albino females, 1 albino male and a female white footed mouse. The male was a recent acquisition so he's not to friendly yet, but all the females love to crawl on top of my hand and run up my arm, sometimes I gotta grab em by their tails and drop them in their cages to get them off me.

They also generate all the mice a need for my snakes (breeding them on and off, the male right now is chilling with a couple of his kids at the moment and away from the ladies to give them a rest).

Freeze mice to kill off all the bacteria or parasites? Hmm... I think someone said a week to be on the safe side, but what helps more is to keep your mice clean (yeah I one of those wierdos who takes his mice to the vet). Or just feed them some GSE in the water if one of them looks sick or has diarrhea or something.

-13mur 6

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google