CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Question after finding escaped corn.

Old 02-15-2023, 03:07 PM   #11
blacktip
I'm assuming that Koka is at least a few years old based on your join date so it could be that she is actually a he and he is lusting for a girlfriend. My 10 year old male has been his typical restless self for the last couple weeks now.

If that happens to not be the case, my two year old escaped for a week last year as well. The first day after I found him and put him back in his cage he disappeared in a hide for a day and then similarly became restless for a few days before settling back into his normal routine.

I understand your concern, but I don't see anything that would be so urgent that you couldn't wait for your current vet appointment.

Old 02-16-2023, 04:22 AM   #12
Koka_Corn
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacktip View Post
I'm assuming that Koka is at least a few years old based on your join date so it could be that she is actually a he and he is lusting for a girlfriend. My 10 year old male has been his typical restless self for the last couple weeks now.

If that happens to not be the case, my two year old escaped for a week last year as well. The first day after I found him and put him back in his cage he disappeared in a hide for a day and then similarly became restless for a few days before settling back into his normal routine.

I understand your concern, but I don't see anything that would be so urgent that you couldn't wait for your current vet appointment.
Phew, thank you blacktip! I'm feeling very relieved to hear that you had a similar experience with over-activity after an escape, and for confirming it's totally possible Koka is just a frisky male as she is around 4 - 5.

Quite small for her age but I believe her previous owner fed her just pinkies to keep her small when she should have been about 2 mouse sizes up by the time I weighed her, she's grown a lot after I began feeding her correctly but still not near the size of an adult, suppose it's not size that counts but age in regards to displaying mating behaviors however

Anyways, thank you all again for putting my mind at ease, I've always been a bit of a worry-bug, especially over Koka. At least the appointment is tomorrow!

Will let you all know how it goes.

Old 02-17-2023, 02:54 PM   #13
Koka_Corn
Hey all! Me and Koka have just come back from the vets.

So Koka is a boy! A "very healthy" boy! The vet was brilliant, checked him all over from mouth to tail and probed him just to see if there was a possibility he was gravid and turns out he's a boy!

He was so calm until the vet had to open up his mouth and he gave her a little hiss! Which I never heard from him before, it takes a lot to annoy Koka apparently lol!

So I am one surprised but relieved snake momma, only shocking news I got today was that my little princess is a little prince! Other than that, he's all healthy!

Thanks again for keeping my mind at ease until the appointment guys, I really appreciate it!

Old 02-18-2023, 12:27 AM   #14
hypnoctopus
Glad the only surprise was one of gender identity! Now don't be surprised if he decides to go on a feeding strike this spring!

Old 02-18-2023, 01:18 PM   #15
Koka_Corn
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnoctopus View Post
Glad the only surprise was one of gender identity! Now don't be surprised if he decides to go on a feeding strike this spring!
I have heard they can do that! But of course Koka will still choose his food over a mate Just fed him a mouse tonight and for that he's (hopefully) forgiven me for letting him be poked and prodded last night lol.

Old 02-20-2023, 08:18 PM   #16
blacktip
So glad to hear that Koka was given the A-OK.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
escape