CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

2023 Wild Mutant Line Breedings

Old 05-24-2023, 09:37 PM   #1
ecreipeoj
2023 Wild Mutant Line Breedings

The other Line of Corn Snake Breedings I breed the same way as I breed the POOL, is my Wild Mutant Line. I was lucky to acquire the Golden Gene from a friend, and was again lucky, to get ONE clutch from Wild Line het Goldens x Same. I have only produced 3 Goldens ever. One never ate, and my only MALE died in brumation, when he was big enough to breed. The only Golden that I produced that went on to produce offspring is my Golden female. Since my Golden female, her het Golden mother, and 0.2 66% ph sisters, are a wild line, I think of them in that way, first. Like I mentioned before, I discovered the Lava gene, in a group of Jasper Co. Okeetees, I bred. I have been mixing the Lava Gene with everything in the Pool since, but I kept a line pure Jasper Co. Okeetee. I obtained 5 Jasper Co. Sunkissed from Kathy L's line of Jasper Co. Okeetees, and I have kept a line of pure Jasper Co. Sunkissed Okeetees, SG Free, as well. Since I managed to keep three different Mutant Lines Pure Corn back to wild caughts, I decided to begin creating some of the Wild Line Mutant Combines, I have already created, but keep them Pure Corn back to wild caught. I have added wild caught lines of Hendry Co. Anerys, with the Devil's Garden pheno, and Dixie Co. Motleys to the group. I have managed to hold onto, and obtain 5 Wild Lines of Genes, to do the same exact thing, I already to with our Corn Snake Gene Pool. The wild lines include, Jasper County Lava Okeetees, Jasper County Sunkissed Okeetees, Golden Corns, Hendry County Anerys, and Dixie County Motleys. I have kept these lines Pure, just like Others have kept Hunt Club Okeetees, and Jasper County Okeetees, Pure since I first heard of them.

Every Wild Line Mutant Gene I have was collected in one way or another by somebody else, Field Collecting. People with first hand knowledge of the capture, raising, and breeding of Pure Lines the same way Kathy L maintained her line of Jasper County Okeetees, Pure. The same way, I have kept my Jasper County Lavas, and Jasper County Sunkissed, Pure, the same way MANY breeders have kept them pure, since the first time you or I ever heard of them.

I am starting over, attempting to produce NEW Mutant Combines,with KNOWN wild lines. I have already started combining the lines and breeding them together for a few years now. I have never produced a double homo wild line Mutant, but I have a chance this year.

Why am I doing this? Because I can. I have always liked Pure lines of Jasper County Okeetees, and now I am going to Create Mutants and Mutant Combines from Pure lines of Corns. I am looking for more lines of wild mutants if you hear of any. I have to truly start over, because to my SURPRISE!, nobody who has any Hendry County Anerys, or Dixie County Motleys, can tell me if they are compatible with the original Genes from our Pool. Anybody with knowledge of testing between these lines and the original genes, please post the information here. I am testing the Hendry County Anery X ANERY Gene, and the Dixie County Motley X Motley Gene this year. I will post the photos here, and the new breedings between the different wild lines to begin my Wild Line Mutant Projects.

Photos:
Jasper County Sunkissed Okeetee X Golden
Landrace het Golden Lava x Wild Line het Golden
Landrace het Golden Lava X Wild Line 66% ph Golden
Landrace het Golden Lava x Wild Line 66% ph Golden

Old 05-24-2023, 09:52 PM   #2
ecreipeoj
Hendry County Anery

I have obtained a pair of adult Hendry County Anerys for breeding this year. I really like how their black blotches are the same color as their borders. To me, it means the Normal Color Phase of Hendry County Anerys have pure red blotches like, the Devil's Garden het Anery has. Similar to Miami's but more Okeetee like.

Combining the Jasper County and Devil's Garden localities, should produce some interesting pheno types, het for Lava and Anery, and het for Sunkissed and Anery.

I already have the male Hendry County Anery bred to an Ice Blood, so my testing of the line has started. I hope I prove and, therefore, will be the co-discover of a new Anery Gene! I may get all Anerys, so the target of Landrace Ice will have begun, or a new Anery gene will require ALL new names.

Old 05-24-2023, 09:59 PM   #3
ecreipeoj
Dixie County Motley

Is the wild line of Dixie County compatible with the original line of Motley. Hopefully, I have already proven them out. All I need now is fertile eggs, and some hatchlings.

My Dixie County male has already bred a Jasper County Lava Okeetee, so Landrace het Lava Motleys may already exist. I have plans to breed him to a couple of Jasper Co. Sunkissed, and if he does really good this year, he may get to breed my Golden female next year.

Photos:
Dixie Co. Motley X Jasper Co. Lava Okeetee
Dixie Co. Motley X Ice Motley

Old 05-24-2023, 10:08 PM   #4
ecreipeoj
Dixie County Motley and Hendry Co. Anery

Photos:
1.0 Dixie Co. Motley
1.1 Hendry Co. Motley

Old 05-26-2023, 06:56 PM   #5
ecreipeoj
Dixie County Motley x Jasper Co. Sunkissed Okeetee

This guy is doing great! Landrace het Sunkissed Motley is the goal here.

Old 05-26-2023, 07:02 PM   #6
ecreipeoj
Jasper Co. Sunkissed Ok. x Hendry Co. Anery.

Both of my oldest Jasper Co. Sunkissed Okeetees have bred this girl. This is her third breeding in one week. Now the wait for fertile eggs!

Old 05-26-2023, 07:14 PM   #7
ecreipeoj
Jasper Co. Sunkissed Ok. x Golden

This is the third breeding by this same male in one week. I didn't get a second male bred to her, so it is all him. He is a proven breeder, many times over, so I expect fertile eggs.

I have bred this male(Jasper Co. Sk Ok x Wild line het Golden) which produced a nice clutch. I saved back 0.4 Landrace het Sunkissed ph Golden. One of them is in the second photo.

The two lines match up very nicely to produce a strong Okeetee Phase in the Projects. Golden Okeetees sound good to me as well as Sunkissed Golden Okeetees, or does Golden Sunkissed Okeetees sound better?

They won't be Honeys, so a new name will be required.

Old 05-28-2023, 03:59 PM   #8
bushsnake
��
Pairings I'm hoping for from my landrace lines, have some eggs allready
Lava + SK
Lava + SK + rc
Amel + SK + anery
Amel + SK + rc + lava
Anery + lava
Anery + sk

Old 05-28-2023, 04:02 PM   #9
bushsnake
'22 holdbacks

Couple holdbacks from last year

Old 05-28-2023, 04:04 PM   #10
bushsnake
I love the Dixie county motley. Maybe nes with a couple wc Dixie co females.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google