CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

2023 Wild Mutant Line Breedings

Old 05-28-2023, 04:05 PM   #11
bushsnake
*mines

Old 05-28-2023, 04:16 PM   #12
bushsnake
Sunkissed

This one is real nice. A pure Okeetee Hunt club Sunkissed only 2 generations out of the wild. Bred to an F1 wild type. Real pretty Sunkissed line.

Old 06-08-2023, 06:08 PM   #13
ecreipeoj
Dixie County Motley

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushsnake View Post
I love the Dixie county motley. Maybe nes with a couple wc Dixie co females.
My Dixie Co. Motley has been a busy boy this year. Here he is breeding a Jasper Co. Sunkissed, and a Striped Snow het Dilute Sunkissed, a second Test Breeding, to see if he is compatible with the original Motley line or a new gene.

I love the nice thick borders on many of your Sunkissed Lines. They make thick bordered Okeetees, when crossed with other lines. Many of my Jasper Co. Sunkissed have great borders.

Many of the Sunkissed from our Corn Snake Gene Pool, are either het Border-less or homo border-less, and that is not how they started out.

Old 06-08-2023, 06:17 PM   #14
ecreipeoj
Hendry County Anery

Since this guy is wild caught, he is perfect for starting new Wild Project Lines. I already bred a Jasper County Sunkissed x Hendry Co. Anery Female, but I wanted another breeding to pick hold backs from. I can't wait to see what phenotype comes out of crossing these two localities.

I picked this guy up this spring. I was told he was a long term captive, and was subject to Florida winter temps of 50 degrees. I treated him with Ivermetic and Flagel, and he has taken care of every female I introduced him to.

He is my only Corn, that will only take LIVE food. My Golden female will only take fresh killed, so he is in good company.

Old 06-08-2023, 06:29 PM   #15
ecreipeoj
Jasper Co. Lava Okeetee

This guy is from an out crossing to the Kathy Love Jasper Co. Sunkissed line. I bred a RedCoat Jasper County Okeetee het Lava x Kathy L. Sunkissed. I kept back most of the clutch, which were all thick bordered Okeetee Phase, het RedCoat Sunkissed 50% ph Lava. I bred the group for several years, and recovered a few Jasper Co. Lava Okeetees from the Project.

Here he is breeding a female from the original Wild Line of Okeetees het Lava, and to a Jasper Co. Sunkissed sister of his. He is possible het for Sunkissed, and she is possible het het for Lava. I have been crossing Jasper Co. Lavas x Jasper Co. Sunkissed for several years, and have holdbacks from each year. The cross produces some great Okeetee Phase, which is the test of Wild Line breedings. What do the normal pheno types look like when different Wild Mutant Lines are crossed. In this case, since both are from Jasper County Lines, the offspring will be Jasper County Okeetees. This is why I like them so much. I already love Hunt Club Okeetees, and Jasper Co. Okeetees, now I am making them homo for mutant genes!

Old 06-08-2023, 06:39 PM   #16
ecreipeoj
Landrace het Lava Golden x Landrace het Sunkissed ph Golden

My 3.0 Landrace het Lava Golden males have been perfect breeders this year. The older females ovulated right out of brumation, and the covered all of them.

Now my 0.3 Landrace het Sunkissed ph Goldens are ovulating, and I got them all covered three times in one week, and all of the males skipped days. The Jasper Co. Sunkissed x Wild Line het Goldern breeding I did to produce this girls, produced great Okeetee Phase offspring. I can't wait to see a Golden Jasper County Okeetee!

Old 06-08-2023, 06:46 PM   #17
ecreipeoj
Landrace het Lava Golden X Same

My 0.2 Landrace het Lava Goldens are looking GREAT! The biggest female shed, but didn't ovulate, but her little sister was a different story. I believe the larger female will shed again, and breed next time.

Have I produced Lava Goldens? LavaGold! All 3.0 males are rested up, and proven to be aggressive breeders, now if they also prove to be fertile breeders, I should produce a few Goldens this year, and maybe even some LavaGolds!

Old 06-08-2023, 06:55 PM   #18
ecreipeoj
RedCoat Gene

You can add RedCoat to my list of Wild Mutant Genes I working with. I discovered the RedCoat Gene in my Jasper Co. Lava Okeetee line. It is an extremely obvious phenotype, like see through red plastic over the top of the entire snake.

I have proven the RedCoat Gene is recessive, and I have recovered it on Jasper County Lavas and Jasper County Sunkissed, so perhaps, I already have produced double homo Wild Line Mutants.

Here are some photos of the original male I used to breed RedCoat Jasper Co. Okeetee het Lava X Kathy L Jasper Co. Sunkissed.

Once I saw what the gene was, I have also seen it in most of the other mutant gene lines, in our Corn Snake Gene Pool. Bloodreds are for the most part RedCoats, and the really pink Snows. I have also seen RedCoat in Striped, Motley, Lava and other lines.

Old 06-08-2023, 07:03 PM   #19
ecreipeoj
2022 Jasper Co. Sunkissed Okeetees

Here are my 2022 Jasper Co. Sunkissed Okeetee hold backs. I held some back because they are RedCoats, and others because of their great borders. One of the RedCoats is a male, all the rest are females.

I have been saving back a few Jasper Co. Sunkissed, for several years now, and I am very, very pleased with their borders, and the fact, that when bred to other Okeetees, that is exactly what you will produce, Jasper County Okeetees het Sunkissed.

Old 06-17-2023, 09:31 AM   #20
bushsnake
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecreipeoj View Post
Since this guy is wild caught, he is perfect for starting new Wild Project Lines. I already bred a Jasper County Sunkissed x Hendry Co. Anery Female, but I wanted another breeding to pick hold backs from. I can't wait to see what phenotype comes out of crossing these two localities.

I picked this guy up this spring. I was told he was a long term captive, and was subject to Florida winter temps of 50 degrees. I treated him with Ivermetic and Flagel, and he has taken care of every female I introduced him to.

He is my only Corn, that will only take LIVE food. My Golden female will only take fresh killed, so he is in good company.
Nice, by the end of the year I hope to have to have 3 different SK x Anery landrace lines, Sherman x Hendry Co, Love x Glades Co and Mills x Glades county. All 3 SK lines are a little different

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google