CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

baby corn new behaviour??

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-06-2021, 11:08 AM   #1
clemclem
Question baby corn new behaviour??

hi!
I got my first baby cornsnake around a month ago now and everything has seemed okay so far in terms of temp [hot side: 27.5-29 celsius (81-85f), cooler side: 23-26c (73-78f)] n getting them comfortable etc but this last week they have been acting different. i’m unsure if it’s their first shed with me approaching!

i usually feed them a pinkie on friday or saturday nights but in the past week they haven’t eaten at all, i’ve offered food to them twice (once on friday n sunday to reduce stress) n they poked their head out of the hide when i held it near them but didn’t strike so i left it on smth inside their tank for the night. i woke up n it was in the same place, so were they. they’ve never not eaten before and usually they’re exploring atleast for a little or sitting/climbing in the plants at night outside of their hide but for the past week they’ve been curled up in their warm hide 95% of the time???

they don’t look like they’re shedding but i read sometimes snakes will preemptively stop eating n hide more a week or so before their shed. do you think it may be that?

or any other thoughts would be appreciated! i’m a little anxious since it’s my first snake