CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

67Temp's 2022 planned pairings

Old 04-19-2022, 02:20 PM   #21
67temp
I guess it's time to update this. A bunch of my young males weren't up to the task so they got replaced with their backups. The pairs in red haven't done anything yet and probably wont go this year.

REVISED
1-(RRAL22) Amel het motley, anery X Ultramel anery motley (repeat pairing from last year) – 15 eggs
2-(CAPE22) Ghost het charcoal X Hypo pewter ph stripe (repeat pairing from last year)
3-(RUWI22) Amel het anery motleyX High white snow tessera (high white ERO line) – appears this virgin female didn’t like the male I had been trying the past 2 years. 5 minutes with another male and was locked. Waiting on eggs now.
4-(HAGO22) Miami Okeetee 66%ph amel? X Miami het amel – 15 eggs
5-(BFZE22) Bloodred Miami ph motley X Masque Miami het motley – 14 eggs
6-(RRCO22) Amel het anery motley X honey tessera ph amel, stripe – 14 eggs
7-(HHBE22) Masque caramel shatter Miami het diffused X caramel Miami het sunkissed, cinder -14 eggs
8-(SPFI22) Zombie motley het cinder x cinder zombie motley – 12 eggs
9-(SPSH22) Zombie motley het cinder x Zombie motley het cinder – 7 eggs
10-(OKOK22) Extreeme Okeete het amel X Okeetee – waiting for pre lay shed
11-(LUGD22) Extreeme Okeetee het amel x Gold dust ph motley
12-(HHCA22) Masque caramel shatter Miami het diffused X Masque honey het diffused – 24 eggs
13-(HAOR22) Super masque diffused honey Miami het cinder X Masque honey Miami het diffused 66%ph cinder
14-(HSSP22) Halo snow het hypo X Halo specter het amel – recently locked, questionable fertility
15-(KRKR22) Kunashir island Japanese rat X Kunashir island Japanese rat – prelay shed
16-(BRBR22) Bairds rat X Bairds rat – 5 eggs (one piped then drowned and 4 made it out), double clutched 5 more eggs
17-(??LY22) Unknown X amel het motley – retained sperm from last year. 5 eggs
18-(CKCK22) calking het hypo X reverse stripe cal king - currently laying

Old 04-20-2022, 08:10 AM   #22
Caryl
I'm absolutely sure that most people would be shocked at how challenging it can be to get a particular pair to produce eggs. You still have very nice pairings, even with backups. Not everyone could pull that off.

Sent from my SM-A716U1 using Tapatalk

Old 04-28-2022, 07:20 AM   #23
67temp
The 4 bairds have shed and all took their first 2 f/t offers.

Pair 12 is out and all are honey het cinder with varying degrees of masque and diffused.

Pair 7 just started to pip.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Old 04-28-2022, 10:17 AM   #24
hypnoctopus
Awesome! I do love honeys. Also that bairds rat snake is just lovely. Are they kept the same as corns?

Old 04-28-2022, 10:25 AM   #25
67temp
Yup they are very similar to corns. The hatchlings were maybe 2-3g larger than my normal corn hatchlings. My adults and baby bairds seem to be very mellow with an occasional tail rattle but no mucking or defensive bites. I keep them the same temps as my corns.

Old 04-28-2022, 09:03 PM   #26
hypnoctopus
They always remind me of shatter corns (but with orangey eyes).

Old 05-03-2022, 11:48 AM   #27
67temp
Pair #14 laid 18 good eggs so I guess the young halo snow male was fertile.

Pair #6 has has hatched out and was really weird. The dame proved to be het strip but not het amel. What should have been basically a het motley X tessera het motley yielded 5 normals, 5 motleys, and 5 motley tesseras. Strange to have 2/3 visuals on a het to het pairing, and also that I got no normal tessera's without motley.

Old 05-07-2022, 01:03 PM   #28
Caryl
We're clearly in need of pictures of these babies . You did get an unexpected outcome, didn't you? That can be fun and/or frustrating. Goes to show that odds are just odds. Sometimes the long shot wins the race.

Sent from my SM-A716U1 using Tapatalk

Old 05-08-2022, 02:19 AM   #29
hypnoctopus
I agree, pictures are required!

Old 05-08-2022, 04:43 AM   #30
schnekkie
I'm so interested to see pairing 14's babies! They are a beautiful couple

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google