CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

Greetings from Washington state.

Old 11-21-2022, 02:40 PM   #1
gorgonish
Greetings from Washington state.

Hello everyone,

Brand new to the forum, and owning a corn snake, but been a snake keeper largest part of my life. Adopted a baby corn snake over the weekend, and he's been doing great. Even ate the day of rehome. No real defensive behavior outside being flighty, but that can be worked on. Had a couple questions. He seems to be digesting the fuzzy faster then my other species would. Is 3 days after feeding still the rule of thumb or can they be held sooner? Also, wondering what morph the little dude is. Happy to finally have a corn snake. Had always been abit aloof in younger years with the species because how "simple their husbandry is" but glad to be proven wrong. He's an absolute joy to watch.

Looking forward to meeting, learning and sharing with this community, maybe even male friends on the way. At current he is in a 50 gallon, but as he gets bigger gonna move him to a 90. Here are photos of him. Curious what morph he is, other then being the cutest one. Lol 😉

Old 11-21-2022, 03:01 PM   #2
Hotwater84
Welcome! I’m new myself, 2-3 days after feeding to handle what seems to be the general rule of thumb. Hopefully you enjoy yourself here and good luck with your new corn.

Old 11-21-2022, 03:20 PM   #3
gorgonish
Good to know. Tried uploading photos, but they don't seem to be showing. Do you have photos of your corn snake(s)? This guy is alot fun, he usually hides all over. But he has fun climbing all over. Is interested in everything, and my personal favorite thing he does is parascoping

Old 11-21-2022, 04:35 PM   #4
Hotwater84
I found it easiest to download an image resizer app on my phone to resize them to be able to work on this site. I just posted pics of my gal Judy on the “hello from Missouri” new member post. They are allot of fun.

Old 11-21-2022, 06:23 PM   #5
hypnoctopus
Hi, welcome to the forum! I can't see your pictures, but if you want to upload them to imgur and post the link here, you could do that. Otherwise, resize them and click the manage attachments button to add them to your post. And you can always click the preview post button to see how it's going to look before you post.

And yes, wait to handle for at least two days after feeding.

Old 12-08-2022, 07:56 AM   #6
MysticExotics
Welcome from a fellow Washintonian!
Which side of the state are you on? I'm on the far east side.

Sounds like you're off to a good start with your first Corn!

Old 12-08-2022, 08:23 AM   #7
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorgonish View Post
Good to know. Tried uploading photos, but they don't seem to be showing. Do you have photos of your corn snake(s)? This guy is alot fun, he usually hides all over. But he has fun climbing all over. Is interested in everything, and my personal favorite thing he does is parascoping
I primarily keep Miami's; I have been breeding them for 11 years.
Here are some my favorites that I have produced.

The first photo is my founding sire, Brokk, that I produced in 2011. the next two (Balam and Kitsune) are grandkids of Brokk's, and the little Miami and Extreme RO are out of Balam and Kitsune.

These are all older photos, I haven't taken updated photos in a little while.

Old 12-08-2022, 10:58 AM   #8
gorgonish
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticExotics View Post
Welcome from a fellow Washintonian!
Which side of the state are you on? I'm on the far east side.

Sounds like you're off to a good start with your first Corn!

I am about as central Washington as you can possibly be. Seattle and Spokane are within 9 miles of equal distance from me. Also beautiful beautiful corns. Haven't uploaded photos of mine yet, but upon research I feel like his morph is a Ghost Salmon. Once I get my pc setup I can put photos of

Old 12-08-2022, 11:41 AM   #9
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorgonish View Post
I am about as central Washington as you can possibly be. Seattle and Spokane are within 9 miles of equal distance from me. Also beautiful beautiful corns. Haven't uploaded photos of mine yet, but upon research I feel like his morph is a Ghost Salmon. Once I get my pc setup I can put photos of
Thank you!
I look forward to seeing yours when you get your pc setup.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google