CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

Hola from Lola and crew!

Old 01-25-2021, 01:00 PM   #1
lolabythekinks
Hola from Lola and crew!

Hi everyone! New snake owner here, I got my first and best girl Lola on December 12th 2020, a pet-only female Miami - she has a single kink in her spine that doesn't affect her eating or quality of life at all, and is where she got her name 😉. Her hatch date is supposedly around May 2020.

She then gave me a heart attack by escaping her enclosure on 12/25 and didn't return until January 16th! During that time I read many stories of corn snakes, even neonates, surviving even months escaped as long as they don't get eaten, so after tearing my house apart top to bottom, I just thought of her as my house snake and counted her as presumed alive until found dead.

During that time, I realized I did still want a snake that wasn't a house snake, lol, so I purchased a female fire corn, HD July 2020, that I named Munch, since her head stamp looked like The Scream by Edvard Munch. Of course, the evening of the day that I brought home Munch, Lola was found, thirsty but unharmed 😂😅 Munch is a big baby, probably twice as big as Lola!

I have them in a 20 gallon long with a divider in the middle, with a heat mat under the divider so they have a shared hot spot, and cool spots on the ends. This enclosure locks with pins, so I don't anticipate any more escapes hahaha.

Finally, my last girl is yet unnamed, a normal Carolina corn I found online and picked up on impulse this weekend - her previous owner didn't have time for her anymore and was rehoming her and her whole setup for cheap, and I figured why not 😜 Unknown hatch date, but she's about Lola's size.

I am very much enjoying caring for these sweet, beautiful snakes and I am so excited to see how they grow! I don't have any pictures of the new one yet, but I've attached pictures of Lola and Munch 😁

Old 01-25-2021, 02:35 PM   #2
hypnoctopus
Cute bunch of babies you have! Welcome to the forum!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google