CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

Bramble - Sunkissed

Old 12-11-2021, 02:31 PM   #1
hypnoctopus
Bramble - Sunkissed

Got this little guy in a lot of non-feeders. He's eaten excellently for me since I got him, never skipped a meal. He did require lizard scent in the beginning, but transitioned off of that pretty quickly.

Old 01-14-2022, 09:03 PM   #2
Caryl
What type of lizard scenting do you use? There is an abundance of (invasive) Mediterranean geckos where I live. I've always had pretty good luck using them for scent with stubborn babies.

Old 01-15-2022, 01:19 AM   #3
hypnoctopus
I used both anole and our local fence lizards once I used up the anole. I think I only used anole for this guy though because he was quick to move to unscented pinkies. He's now being stubborn about moving up to the next size, but he finally took a peach fuzzy for the first time tonight.

Old 01-15-2022, 10:07 AM   #4
Caryl
Ah, thanks. We're contemplating a move to a place without the Mediterranean house geckos. There will be other lizards, as I'm sure there will be other stubborn feeders. (I confess that I don't necessarily think of babies who want to eat lizards as "nonfeeders." In the natural world, lizards would be common prey for them.) I know there's commercial lizard scent, but haven't used it.

Kudos to you for taking on the stubborn ones!

Sent from my LM-X210CM using Tapatalk

Old 01-15-2022, 10:14 AM   #5
hypnoctopus
I strongly considered buying some lizard juice because one of the babies was stuck on lizard scent for so long, but it's quite pricey. I did also try using a bit of shed from my crested gecko and there was no interest in that. The one who was stuck on lizard scented didn't seem to care which lizard (anole or fence lizard) was scenting the pinkie.

And yes, lizards are the more common prey for baby corns - it's really nice that most babies are willing to take pinkies off the bat!

Old 01-15-2022, 10:24 AM   #6
Caryl
I was very fortunate this year. I only had one clutch in 2020, and only one baby who initially insisted on lizard scenting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnoctopus View Post
...it's really nice that most babies are willing to take pinkies off the bat!
Amen to that!!

Sent from my LM-X210CM using Tapatalk

Old 04-12-2023, 01:42 PM   #7
hypnoctopus
This guy has gotten big! And so orange! Nearly adult size now and starting to develop a bit of the common sunkissed attitude. He hasn't struck at me yet, but has gotten a bit flail-y.

Old 05-16-2023, 08:08 AM   #8
Caryl
He definitely doesn't look like a baby anymore. Looks brilliant, too. It's interesting to me that he's developing some of the infamous Sunkissed attitude. Thought they had that (or didn't) as babies. I didn't realize it could appear as they grew.

Sent from my SM-A716U1 using Tapatalk

Old 05-16-2023, 09:31 AM   #9
hypnoctopus
Yeah I'm experiencing that with a couple of mine. My sunkissed anery was perfectly fine as a baby, but has become quite high strung lately.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google