CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Spot on head

Old 08-26-2021, 10:18 AM   #1
nikkirnoto
Spot on head

I noticed a black dot on the top of Roxies head recently an now it has fallen of and there is a fleshy looking hole in her head. Should I worry? She is acting normal and just ate.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Old 08-26-2021, 03:53 PM   #2
hypnoctopus
Probably nothing to worry about. It could be a scab from rubbing against the top of her enclosure. Can you post a picture? If she just ate, don't bother her with a photo until she's done digesting in a couple days.

Old 08-26-2021, 04:07 PM   #3
nikkirnoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnoctopus View Post
Probably nothing to worry about. It could be a scab from rubbing against the top of her enclosure. Can you post a picture? If she just ate, don't bother her with a photo until she's done digesting in a couple days.
I will try to get a picture in a few days. I'll definitely keep an eye on her but she seemed fine before eating. She was inquisitive and moving around fine. She also has no issues eating. I was just slightly worried it had to do with shedding. She looked to be in blue again bit I haven't seen her shed so maybe I was wrong.

Old 08-26-2021, 07:07 PM   #4
hypnoctopus
They go blue and then they go clear, so if you saw her in blue, she could just be in the clear phase now. I try to not feed when they're in any stage of blue, but especially the clear phase, because it increases the risk of regurge, but I have done it accidentally several times with no issue. If there is an injury, it's pretty common for them to shed a bit more frequently.

Old 08-26-2021, 07:22 PM   #5
nikkirnoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnoctopus View Post
They go blue and then they go clear, so if you saw her in blue, she could just be in the clear phase now. I try to not feed when they're in any stage of blue, but especially the clear phase, because it increases the risk of regurge, but I have done it accidentally several times with no issue. If there is an injury, it's pretty common for them to shed a bit more frequently.
Oh ok, good to know. I will let my husband know. We will watch her this next week. I imagine we won't see her at all the next few days because she burrows into her substrate for at least 2 days after a feed.

Old 08-26-2021, 08:12 PM   #6
hypnoctopus
Sounds like a plan. Best thing you can do after a feeding is just leave them totally alone!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google