CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

Motley combo? Determining morph traits & sex

Old 08-07-2020, 01:21 AM   #1
Laculebrita.Sienna
Question Motley combo? Determining morph traits & sex

Hi everyone! It’s my first time posting My brother got me a corn snake which I LOVE, but not knowing much about where to get reptiles, he got it from Petsmart. Of course, they knew nothing about the actual snake they were selling. When I called to ask the morph they said “fancy” and they didn’t know how old or the sex. I’m hoping with the pictures attached I can get some idea of the sex and the possible morph traits. It seems to be a motley but it has a deep maroon red and a very pale beige belly, a combination I haven't seen on normal motley snakes on google. I’m wondering if he could possibly be a mix with ultra, buf or/and kastanie (or something else completely). Any ideas?

Old 08-07-2020, 01:23 AM   #2
Shiari
Ah, this one has pictures! Normal motley, no other morphs evident.

Old 08-07-2020, 01:26 AM   #3
Laculebrita.Sienna
Thanks! Does it look male or female to you? I read that you can sometimes tell by the tail.

Old 08-07-2020, 01:30 AM   #4
Shiari
That's easiest to determine with a full adult because of the presence or absence of mature hemipenes

Old 08-07-2020, 01:35 AM   #5
Laculebrita.Sienna
So I should wait maybe 2 years or so to have a professional probe it?

Old 08-07-2020, 01:46 AM   #6
Shiari
That would probably be the most accurate, yeah.

Old 08-07-2020, 10:45 AM   #7
hypnoctopus
I agree, it's a nice normal motley. I think the tail looks male, but if you really want to know for sure, you can have it popped or probed by an exotics vet, reptile specialty store, or even possibly a local breeder. There is also a service that can genetically test a piece of the shed to determine sex.

Old 08-07-2020, 09:18 PM   #8
SnakeCreations
Pretty little classic motley! Congrats!

-Tonya

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google