CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

2021 breeding thread! zoe11032

Old 02-26-2021, 03:48 PM   #1
zoe11032
2021 breeding thread! zoe11032

My first ever breeding season!!...
Who will the daddy be? Well have to see once those little tiny babes come out!
Place your bets...
photo 1, cinder het amel male (visual locked 3 times)
photo 2, caramel motley male (visually locked once, but before cinder male)
Same female.
Who do y’all think?
I’ll update you guys once she lays. I’ve only ever bred bearded dragons, so this will be a first! They are all proven breeders in the past. Let me see your breeding plans and pics for this year!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 02-26-2021, 08:50 PM   #2
67temp
Congrats on your first pairings! Have you figured out how you are going to know who the father is?

Old 02-26-2021, 09:42 PM   #3
zoe11032
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67temp View Post
Congrats on your first pairings! Have you figured out how you are going to know who the father is?

Thanks! I guess when they hatch out we’ll just have to see based on morphs and coloration (: my bets on ash based on his younger age, but I could be wrong

Old 02-26-2021, 10:28 PM   #4
67temp
Does the caramel motley male or ultramel tesseras have any hets?

Old 02-27-2021, 12:10 AM   #5
Rich Z
Both could be daddys you know.

Old 02-27-2021, 01:16 PM   #6
zoe11032
Also... what does this mean after breeding? It’s happened after all of my locks

Old 02-27-2021, 02:19 PM   #7
hypnoctopus
It's just part of the breeding process. The male usually leaves that behind. Not sure if it's ejaculate or something else, but it's normal.

Old 02-27-2021, 02:31 PM   #8
zoe11032
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnoctopus View Post
It's just part of the breeding process. The male usually leaves that behind. Not sure if it's ejaculate or something else, but it's normal.

Thank you! Also another question, I have another female who I believe is laying soon. Is slowing down, and not leaving the lay box much at all means she’s closing in to time? She shed last Saturday. Sorry I’m new to this, I have lots of questions. I’ve just heard lots of people say restless and some say not. She’s much larger than last weekend already

Old 02-27-2021, 06:05 PM   #9
hypnoctopus
Yeah it sounds like she's getting close. Usually it's about 10 to 12 days after the pre lay shed that they will lay their eggs. Try not to disturb her too much during this time. Also, here's a good thread to read through while you wait. http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=121892

Old 03-06-2021, 08:58 PM   #10
zoe11032
Well, the scale spread is real. She was first paired on Feb 15. Still no pre lay shed. She drools at practically anything I’m eating nearby

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google