CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Return of the 'One I let Get Away'

Old 02-11-2007, 01:11 AM   #1
Mrs InsaneOne
Return of the 'One I let Get Away'

Man, I swear, this snake makes me want to commit petty theft. Not that I would, even though I had the perfect opportunity on Thursday night. I took our God-Send (the new camera) over to my little sister's house to get a few pics of the snakes I helped her get only to discover that she was up on the slopes working. (She works in the kitchen at the local sky-resort.)

So I got to have a nice quiet photo-shoot with my favorite king snake without her ever-watching eye on me making certain I didn't pocket the girl and walk out the door! lol. (It was ever so tempting though!)

Harley, an '05 San Luis Potosi kingsnake (or is it '04? I can't remember.) She's the mildest mannered snake I have ever come across and she proved to me just how sweet she was when she posed, for well over 20 minutes, the other night and didn't so much as move a muscle as I got in her face with the camera, played with the lighting, and jumped (not litteraly though) from side to side trying to get some cool shots of this girl.

I suppose it might have been because she's been in brumation in a dark closet for a while now and I dragged her out of her secure home to toture her, but she was such a good sport about it. Not all hissy and strike ready like our big male RO was/is.

Now, if I could only get some of my snakes to sit this still while I work on getting great close-ups and learn how to use the new cam, I'd be as happy as a hungry snake in a nestful of fresh pinks.

Anyway, here's a few shots of my favorite girl (I'll apologize now, but some pics are very similar - I just couldn't help cropping a good number of the ones that came out clean):

*Sigh* Aren't her eyes just entrancing? I can't wait until I can get pics of my trio of Potosi to turn out like some of those. (or better! lol)

Hope you enjoyed!

Jenn

Old 02-11-2007, 05:11 AM   #2
diamondlil
I wish I had a sister like you!

Old 02-11-2007, 07:44 AM   #3
Nanci
When I read the title, I thought somehow you'd gotten her back...She sure is gorgeous. I think you should ask for her for Christmas, your birthday, Valentines Day, etc. till your sister gives in. Or bribe her with a snake she wants more.

Nanci

Old 02-11-2007, 08:04 AM   #4
Plissken
I can certainly see why you're keen on her! Lovely snake.

Old 02-11-2007, 08:20 AM   #5
snakemom1961
She's BEAUTIFUL!

Old 02-11-2007, 12:14 PM   #6
ArpeggioAngel
I love the snakes that are willing to pose for the camera. I have a few in my collection that won't move an inch when I put them down outside with the camera and I actually have to physically move them to get a new pose to shoot.

She is beautiful - I can see why you want her back. I love that awesome head pattern she is sporting!

Old 02-13-2007, 06:25 PM   #7
Mrs InsaneOne
Thanks for the comments everyone! I'm sure my sister would be happy to know her critter gets compliments from complete strangers! lol

diamondlil, I'm certain my step-mother would at times prefer I was someone else's sister too! To this day I don't think she was ever very happy that I encouraged my sister to get a snake. lol.

Jenn

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google