CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Transparent Hypo? Blue Ice?

Old 09-04-2006, 10:47 AM   #151
Vinman
yes I do but it still up on the board for discussion

Old 09-04-2006, 11:37 AM   #152
ecreipeoj
Quote:
Originally Posted by PtDnsr

Vinman - you do realize this thread is three years old right?

~Katie
It is an old thread, but has been visited quite a bit over the years. I always thought about doing an up date to this thread. Quite a bit has change over the years. This thread is what caused me to become a member of this forum.

I am not going to read though this entire thread again to make sure that I don’t repeat something that has already been said, so forgive me if I do. The Transparent Hypos have become Lava Corns, and the name is the accepted Trade Name of this hypomelanistic gene. The Lavas have been tested against, Hypos, Sunkissed, Ultras, Christmas, and Strawberry Hypos and have proven to be incompatible with all of them, so the Lavas did prove out to be a new hypo gene after all and is the most tested of all hypo genes.

Blue Ice Corns have become Ice Corns. The name of Ice Ghost has been changed to Ice Corns, due to some confusion the name caused. The reason for this change is that a Ghost is homo for Hypo and Anery. An Ice Corn does not have the Hypo gene involved at all and are only homo for Lava and Anery A. Ice Corns and other similar types such as Hypo Charcoals do look ghostly, so the name seemed fitting at first, but Trade Names have genetic meaning too, so a Ghost (Hypo and Anery A) stands alone.

I ended up buying the one and only “Charcoal” Lava that Carlos produced and was thinking about calling them Diamond Corns. This year, I tested them with a Pewter and produced 100% Normals het for Ice Pewters, so a Charcoal Lava does not exist yet. I was actually trying to produce Charcoals het Lava Blood, from this "test" and was very surprised by the results.

Lava Lavenders have been produced and a few more should be produced this year. I may produce a few more Lava Morphs this year, if Murphy is kind. Some of the possibilities are Lava Motleys, and Ice Motleys, which Jeff Mohr produced in 2005. Some new possibilities that are likely to be produced, which I have eggs incubating right now are; Lavamel Motleys (Amel Lava Motleys) Lava Caramels, Lava Caramel Motleys, Lava Butter Motleys, and Striped Ice. There is a chance of seeing a Lava Blood, but very few fertile eggs were produced from that project. Another project that I am just now getting breedings from will have the possibility of producing Striped Lavas, and Striped Lava Lavs that wont be hatching until sometime in November.

Old 09-04-2006, 03:19 PM   #153
bribrian
Looks like there's some interesting new stuff coming up soon........

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google