CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

2022 BrightHope pairings

Old 04-18-2022, 06:28 PM   #31
hypnoctopus
Wow, those eggs look absolutely perfect!

Old 04-18-2022, 07:31 PM   #32
inu009
Congrats on the eggs! She wanted to treat to you Easter eggs, but was off by one day.

Old 04-18-2022, 10:06 PM   #33
Caryl
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnoctopus View Post
Wow, those eggs look absolutely perfect!
Don't they?! I'm very impressed with Tulip's efforts so far.

Sent from my SM-A716U1 using Tapatalk

Old 04-18-2022, 10:07 PM   #34
Caryl
Quote:
Originally Posted by inu009 View Post
Congrats on the eggs! She wanted to treat to you Easter eggs, but was off by one day.
Lol maybe that's it. These certainly are a lovely treat. I'll happily take eggs like these any day! I'll do one more check late tonight and update afterward.

Old 04-18-2022, 11:56 PM   #35
Caryl
Today is obviously my lucky day. I haven't done a final check on Tulip tonight, but I did check on Esperanza and found this. I count 11 or 12, and she's possibly got another one or two. This means I've got real hopes of babies by Artephius. Definitely a memorable day here!

Old 04-19-2022, 01:06 AM   #36
Caryl
Tulip seems to be finished. She laid 20 beautiful, healthy eggs with not a single slug. That's a personal best for her. She had good long drink. Tomorrow I'll offer her a snack. I realize I'm anthropomorphizing, but I think she looks justifiably proud.

Old 04-19-2022, 09:48 AM   #37
Caryl
Esperanza has now laid 18 beautiful eggs! She is finished. When I checked on her last night, it must've disturbed her enough that she relocated a few inches. This morning's check revealed a tired mama with a "double" clutch, lol. So the question of whether or not Artephius is still fertile has been answered with a resounding YES. Hallelujah!

Old 04-19-2022, 12:06 PM   #38
inu009
What morphs are you aiming for?

Old 04-19-2022, 09:58 PM   #39
Caryl
With Tulip and Baldr, I'll get all stripes, possibly some cubes. Tulip has produced cubes, as has Baldr's sire. I have a small cube project, so cubes are welcome. I'll find out if Baldr is het amel. I'll likely hang onto a few for other projects. I am working toward some hypoberry then strawberry caramels, butters and stripes. I've also got plans to blend in some peach.

With Esperanza and Artephius, well, I'm definitely interested in making more like Artephius though that's probably going to be F2. Esperanza hasn't been bred to anybody with diffusion before, but she's produced babies with a plain belly, as well as widely split belly checkers. Idk if that was masque or what. The sire didn't show those traits. Rich Z. had kept her to breed, noting her as "odd amber." I don't really know what to expect from this pairing but am happy to take what I get and expand plans from there.

Old 04-19-2022, 10:29 PM   #40
Caryl
For my other pairings this year - Odin X Sunlight, prove her citrine as I believe, or xanthic snow. Make some citrines, maybe a citrine stripe, and I'd love to get a caramel ghost stripe female. Could work well with other projects.

Rubik X Victory will test her for amel and anery. Babies will be at least het amel, stripe, and diffuse caramel. Not just any diffuse caramel, as she's by Artephius. They can slide nicely into many projects.

Final pair, Artephius X Princess Irene. Would love to get more like daddy. Might prove whether his het is Motley or stripe, as she's het stripe. May hit some sulphur, which would be nice.

That may be more info than you wanted. If so, apologies. I can talk about breeding plans the way some people can talk about fantasy football. Lol

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google