CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

Lark - Ultramel Tessera

Old 11-22-2022, 11:28 PM   #1
hypnoctopus
Lark - Ultramel Tessera

Can't believe I forgot to make a thread for this girl! This is Lark. She was part of the group of non-feeders I purchased. Despite eating for me the very first time I offered her food, she went on to be one of the most stubborn babies of the group! However, after months of working with her, she finally got with the program. Nowadays, she's an extremely zealous eater, never refuses a meal, and loves to strike and coil her prey. And on top of that, she has an exceptionally sweet personality and doesn't mind being handled.

Old 11-22-2022, 11:50 PM   #2
Hotwater84
Awesome looking tessera!

Old 11-23-2022, 12:03 AM   #3
hypnoctopus
Thank you!

Old 12-07-2022, 11:03 PM   #4
Caryl
Lark is a beautiful testament to why it can be worth it to work with the stubborn babies. So many times, once they decide to get with the program they become all-around great snaked in terms of feeding and handling. When they're as pretty as this girl, it's a wonderful bonus!

Sent from my SM-A716U1 using Tapatalk

Old 12-08-2022, 09:53 AM   #5
hypnoctopus
Agreed! I also enjoy the challenge of figuring out what they like.

Old 12-08-2022, 11:45 AM   #6
MysticExotics
She's beautiful!
The extra effort definitely pays off sometimes!

Old 12-25-2022, 11:13 PM   #7
Frank Pinello
Possible drawback to breeding these challenging feeders is producing more challenging and or non feeders.....

Old 12-26-2022, 11:07 AM   #8
hypnoctopus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Pinello View Post
Possible drawback to breeding these challenging feeders is producing more challenging and or non feeders.....
Yes and I'm very curious to see if there's a genetic component. Several of them will be breeding in the coming years and if I have a greater number of non-feeding babies from them, then I will make a post about it. Have you bred previous non-feeders and noticed their babies being non-feeders?

Old 01-05-2023, 10:05 PM   #9
Frank Pinello
Never kept any non-feeders. I just don’t have the patience for non-feeders (too many corn snakes in my collection to deal with them) no matter if it’s something I’ve been line breeding for. So I’ve been culling them out for years. I’ve noticed that the last few years I haven’t had non-feeders hatch. My assumption is possibly genetic.?.??? Not a scientific study just something I noticed.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google