CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Luna - LTR Progression Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 01:11 AM   #11
Zulu3
She is a beautiful snake, such big pretty eyes =)

Old 10-02-2009, 03:01 AM   #12
Kokopelli
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Thunderer View Post
Oh, I neglected to mention. While I bought Luna in September 2008, I think she was either a late 2007 or an early 2008 hatchling. She's BIG now at a nice fat 155 grams!

G'night, Katie!
Neato!
You know, roughly 6 months ago when I took my LTR to his surgery I weighted him for the first time, we needed to figure the dosage for the anesthetics- he was -500- grams!
Since then though, he actually grew so... they get big, just brace yourself

How's the little doll's temper?
Looking good

Old 10-02-2009, 08:10 AM   #13
MalinoisK9
Fred I won't lie or beat around the bush. I typiclly really dislike the look of albino snakes or really pale colored snakes ( i think they look like they are sick and about to die) BUT THIS... I don't know if it the striking 100% white with no pattern, the sharp contrast of the black eyes or what. But this is pretty much the first white snake that I absolutely adore the look of. Instead of being pale and leached of pigment...she looks like she is painted white. Good job sir at adding yet something new to my "want list". Thanks bud just what I needed.

PS Whats worse is when you show something that Katie and I agree with. Then there is no one saying well... lets wait. LOL

Old 10-02-2009, 09:25 AM   #14
The_Thunderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulu3 View Post
She is a beautiful snake, such big pretty eyes =)
Why Luna thanks you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokopelli View Post
Neato!
You know, roughly 6 months ago when I took my LTR to his surgery I weighted him for the first time, we needed to figure the dosage for the anesthetics- he was -500- grams!
Since then though, he actually grew so... they get big, just brace yourself
How's the little doll's temper?
Looking good
Wow, Oren. It seems like so much longer ago when you took your LTR in for his surgery... You sure it wasn't more like a whole year... and a half ago???

He IS a big boy... My biggest corn is almost 600 grams... so I can imagine what he would be at 500 grams. Probably a good bit leaner and longer though. More like my VBB I'm guessing.

As for her temper. She was pretty pissy this last feeding... but settled down nicely. Still musked a bit, but was, overall, pretty good. Spending more time with her seems like it has been working.

Since you own one... have you noticed that for a snake of her size, they tend to eat much BIGGER meals than the equivalently sized "other" colubrids? At 155 grams, she can eat an adult mouse... quite easily. My corns about the same size can eat weanlings pretty well, but have a hard time with adult mice. What do you feed Shalgon at his 500+ grams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalinoisK9 View Post
Fred I won't lie or beat around the bush. I typiclly really dislike the look of albino snakes or really pale colored snakes ( i think they look like they are sick and about to die) BUT THIS... I don't know if it the striking 100% white with no pattern, the sharp contrast of the black eyes or what. But this is pretty much the first white snake that I absolutely adore the look of. Instead of being pale and leached of pigment...she looks like she is painted white. Good job sir at adding yet something new to my "want list". Thanks bud just what I needed.

PS Whats worse is when you show something that Katie and I agree with. Then there is no one saying well... lets wait. LOL
Thanks for the nice comments about Luna!

Oh, yeah. I know what you mean. Sometimes, I let my guard down and just marvel at her perfectly white scales (I have yet to find that random "orange" scale that some have). But she quickly brings me back to reality. LOL.

As for the "want list"... You should see mine!

Old 10-02-2009, 09:46 AM   #15
Kokopelli
I doubt it's been a year and a half ago... Gosh I don't know anymore, but I doubt it... he couldn't have possibly weighted 500 grams at a year and a half of age...
Now he is roughly 3... 3.5 old.
Ermmm, well he gets a 5-6 weeks old rat(which is almost the equivalent of 3-4 large adult mice) every 2 weeks or so. He is still quite the big boy for his age, and quite thick.
I think that all Pantherophis seem to have a far easier time feeding on bigger sized prey than Lampropeltis colubrids... Corns seem to tackle bigger prey than california kings of the same size for instance.
LTR's naturally will be able to take on bigger prey... they get larger than many if not most colubrids.
I imagine that now he weights 600 if not 700+ grams...
He definitely became bigger since surgery...
I should and would have taken him out for a photoshoot but I don't have a backyard and I really can't just go out to the street with a snake on me- that won't bode well for anyone.

When they feed and immediately after, they will usually be slightly pissy- that's true for most snakes, even the calmest of the bunch.

Old 11-11-2022, 07:40 AM   #16
Zincubus
I’ve got a beaut LTR .. perfectly Platinum in colour .

Probably a couple of years old and 3 foot long..

Still tries to bite me when I get him out !!

How do I tame it ?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google