CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

OK, what is my snake?

Old 09-04-2019, 01:02 AM   #1
Pine
OK, what is my snake?

My corn Berry I was told is a Strawberry Albino.
I showed a picture of him to a Herpetologist that I know and he said he was a nice Reverse Okeetee.???
OK, now I'm curious, I'm looking all over the internet and I see, Strawberry corns, Strawberry Albino corns, Reverse Okeetee, Albino Okeetee, etc.

I cant tell the difference.
I also have heard that some are the same but different breeder's call them different names.
It really doesn't matter, his name is Berry because he looks like he has strawberries down his back.
So are there any of you that I'm sure know way more than I do about these things that could shed some light in this quandary?
BERRY.jpg(106.8 KB)

Old 09-04-2019, 01:02 AM   #2
Pine
BERRY HAND.jpg(61.5 KB)

Old 09-04-2019, 01:33 AM   #3
Shiari
His baseline genetics are that he's amelanistic. Being certain if he's also strawberry or not would require knowing the genetics of his parents or test breeding. Regarding if he qualifies for an RO.... ish? I'd really prefer to see thicker saddle edges than that but some people would consider him one.

Old 09-04-2019, 01:49 AM   #4
Pine
I'm going to try breeding him with my Butter female.
I'm actually hoping to get something with the red but elongated saddles like the Butter. She is het for ghost and albino so wee shall see.

Old 09-04-2019, 02:15 AM   #5
Shiari
Your butter isn't het for 'albino' because she's already one. A butter het for anery, hypo paired to an amel will give you all amels het for caramel, possible het for hypo, anery.

Old 09-04-2019, 01:24 PM   #6
Pine
This is the Butter female that I'm planning on breeding with the Strawberry.
20190904_130716~01.jpg

Old 09-05-2019, 02:16 PM   #7
hypnoctopus
I agree. He might barely qualify for reverse okeetee, but he is certainly a nice looking amel at the very least.

Old 08-12-2020, 03:10 AM   #8
flutterbyu
Amelanistic (Amel) and albino are the same thing, btw. It means lacking the black pigment. So, he is definitely Amel/albino. To be considered reverse okatee you want to see wide white bands rather than thin white bands. That is more of a selectively bred thing than one specific gene they either have or don’t.

Old 08-12-2020, 03:10 AM   #9
flutterbyu
Just to clarify again, a reverse okatee is a type of albino (amelanistic)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google