CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

Do you confront sellers who have morphs mislabeled?

Old 08-16-2020, 08:02 PM   #1
hypnoctopus
Do you confront sellers who have morphs mislabeled?

I often browse classifieds for corn snakes, even when I'm not looking to buy anything. Seems like most sellers have things listed accurately, but every now and then I see one mislabeled. I wouldn't feel comfortable buying from someone who mislabels their morph and I would hate for someone newer to the hobby to get something different than what they're expecting (and paying for), but I'm also very non confrontational. Do you guys ever message a seller to correct them?

Old 08-16-2020, 10:22 PM   #2
SnakeCreations
Hey Olivia!

I will do this when I'm interested in a snake and want to clarify. I've had mixed results, one guy reiterated the wrong information and the other guy just ignored me. I'll tell you, morphs are pretty complicated these days and if I mislabeled, I'd want to know.

-Tonya

Old 08-16-2020, 11:34 PM   #3
hypnoctopus
I one time had a person contact me about my morph being mislabeled that I was selling, although in that case, they were definitely wrong. (I think I was selling an amel and they insisted it was a fire or something like that). In that case, I politely informed them of what traits I was seeing that indicated the correct morph and also told them the parents' genetics, and then they never replied.

Old 08-16-2020, 11:59 PM   #4
SnakeCreations
Aren't people fun?

Old 08-17-2020, 07:41 AM   #5
67temp
Yes and no because it depends on the situation. I've let a well known breeder know that their butter het amel was mislabel. Same email to the same breeder an entire clutch was missing a 50% poss het in their listing. I only knew that because I had a baby from the dame the year before. Both cases were simple copy/paste errors when processing clutches and the breeder was thankful for me catching it.

I've had someone email me on morphparket and let me know one animals sex didn't match. It was listed as male in one place but female in another. I thanked the person for letting me know.

On instagram I had someone tell me my golddust wasn't. I tried to start conversation by asking them to back up their statement and pointed out why it was labeled as such. I got no response.

If I see someone label the het as what it could make I disregard that seller, they are label as an idiot and wont do business with them. Ie an amel het snow or a sunkissed het shatter.

Old 08-17-2020, 10:57 AM   #6
hypnoctopus
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67temp View Post
If I see someone label the het as what it could make I disregard that seller, they are label as an idiot and wont do business with them. Ie an amel het snow or a sunkissed het shatter.
I get WHY they do that, but I really don't like that practice. It always trips me up a moment and I have to think a bit about what it actually means.

Old 08-17-2020, 11:51 AM   #7
Shiari
.... and there I go, confronting the person who just posted a bunch of for-sale ads here!

Old 08-17-2020, 04:12 PM   #8
crackerhead
Yes, because I would want to know if there was spinach stuck on my teeth...

Terri

Old 08-18-2020, 02:28 AM   #9
lvchris
I usually just ask questions if its something I am interested in. If I don't get answers that I like I just move on. I have no problem asking for help if I cant identify something that I produced but perhaps some people feel embarrassed to ask for help so they just make a guess.. I dunno ..lol

Old 08-21-2020, 12:04 AM   #10
flutterbyu
I mean, it could be an honest mistake. Some morphs look similar, and if the parents genetics could produce multiple options, it could be hard to tell. If it was me, I would like to be corrected.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google